1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He has lost his path?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by darkestknight, May 31, 2008.

1. darkestknight

My best friend is leaving university soon. He's not graduating, but he's escaping because he has fluuuuuunked all subjects there.

The strangest thing he told me is, he likes to pursue Computing studies, but he went to apply the same course (Electronics and Electrics Engineering) in another college despite knowing that he couldn't cope up with that. I asked, "Why not the Computing? Since you are in the new university, and it's your fortes, might as well!"

He then told, "Ah, because I still can study computing inside the course".

All made me wonder, "I couldn't see an inch of computer studies in that particular engineering course you are taking"... I told.

Worse, he followed his bunch of friends who are actually in his same boat. His circle of friends isn't helping him. Bleh.

I will beg him to do something that he like, not something that his friends like. I don't want to see him into deep shit. He has tons of that already, his loans got revoked, and I don't want to see him anymore in any kind of shit. :bang: :bang:

(and he's my best friend, nothing else.)

2. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sadly, there comes a time when despite us seeing the "mess" our friends are getting into we just have to accept that we can only advise them and MOST IMPORTANTLY, be there for them if/when it goes wrong.

There's nothing wrong with you expressing your concerns to him; just don't try and force it down his throat. Let him know you're there for him and let him make up his own mind.

It's difficult, especially when it's a long-standing best friend but sometimes we just have to accept the inevitable. Good luck.

3. darkestknight

Unfortunately, yes, I've seen enough mess created for himself. I sometimes hate myself for being so helpless sometimes, but he did really idling around during his studies. :bang:

I have times that I know he's hiding something from me - I'm not sure what is it.

and also, his father almost blamed me for his failures. But when he saw that we're from the different 'worlds', his father blamed it on his circle of friends. ouch. :bang:

And I don't feel like forcing him anymore... I got bored already. I have to pray that he will cope up better in the next college or he would end up wasting another couple of thousands of dollars for his repeat semesters.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! I couldn't agree more with Bromptonrocks. Although it might be difficult to see your friend in the difficulties that he is getting himself into, there is not much you can really do except talk to him and be there for him at all times. Let him know that he can count on you if he needs someone to talk to. Good Luck. Hope all goes well.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some of the most important lessons learned at school are learned outside the classroom.

Lex