1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

struggling on the inside with this

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by arctic, Oct 1, 2013.

1. arctic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hello,
    I decided to come here and write this because lately I have been struggling on the inside.
    Its been wrapping my insides out like a snake and today at work I was suffering muscle pain when I was thinking deeply about with what feels like a ever increasing desire to come out to my family and few friends about being Bi.

See I feel pretty strongly about being independent and my own person but at the same time I do struggle with trying to be a people pleaser or at the very least not in the crosshairs of discussion.
    I have taken a stand before, when I came out as a agnostic in a very Christian family and to the church I was deeply involved with, and that was a difficult experience,
    but a few months ago me and my girlfriend broke up after 1.5 years and so I have been
    back on the dating scene,

I am going on a date this week as a matter of fact but with another man.
    I lately have been really struggling with having to be secretive and lately I feel like I have become stuck between coming out and facing those challenges, or hiding with the idea that I can't hide forever and its starting to really hurt.
    this week I have started drinking every other night in binges and I have wanted to talk so badly to anyone about this but my family, my community and my workplace vary from little to extreme homophobes.
    I want to have a relationship with a man right now and if that really happens, I feel like things have to change and its been eating me up in worry and fear.
    I just wanted to express some of my feelings right now.

2. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

I think everyone on this forum can identify with how you feel. I felt exactly like this only a few weeks ago when I first posted asking for advice. Now I have come out to a few people and am planning my next move. I feel so much better for coming out. If you're not out to anyone, I recommend choosing a LGBT-friendly person to come out to first to help build your confidence and get the ball rolling. After that you could decide on what to do next. Although as you have a date, maybe you're already out to some people... anyway, hope you enjoy your date :slight_smile: