1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Stamp, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Stamp

hello, I really need help coming. I really want to come out but the words don't come out 3=. Every time I get close to say it I just chicken out to scared. I told friend that I was gay, thank god they didn't judged me. That all can say I school tomorrow it's 10:50 pm. Sorry its short and grammar, I'm very tired.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! Congratulations on your coming out so far.

How did you come out to your friend previously? Try doing the same thing again. Every coming out places you in a position where you have to let go of your fears, but in overcoming your fears, try to take your previous coming out as a motivation and encouragement.

Sometimes, the words don't come out because we are trying to come out to, to many people at once, and are too nervous about all the possible reactions. Try to take it one person at a time for now, and create the environment that you need to feel comfortable. Maybe try to be alone with the person you want to come out to so that you know that no one else can listen to the conversation.

3. Stamp

How did I come previously? I pass my friends a note during 7th period (7th grade) science, I pass them a note saying "I'm a Gay.". They shocked there head means yeah okay.

#3 Stamp, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  4. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Welcome to EC, Stamp.

Depends on what you think is best. However, I believe that writing a letter may be the best option for you. Be open about how you feel, and perhaps write how you think they will react, and if their reaction may scare you (or how it will make you feel in general).

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if writing it all out helps you, and you feel comfortable with it, I'd say continue coming out by writing out what you would like to say. Continuing to come out by writing brief notes, or perhaps even letters, is totally fine. :slight_smile:

6. Stamp

I can write to them, but I think my dad is homophobic. Because when we in California for a Springbreak he saw 2 guys in a car and he said to myself the F word (not the curse word). I was like crap. :|

#6 Stamp, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  7. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done for coming out to your friends :slight_smile:

8. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are still young enough to go to your father and talk with him about your feelings. Don't declare to him that you are gay, tell him what you feel when you are around boys and around girls, and that you are strongly attracted to the boys but feel no attraction for the girls. Tell him that you don't know why you feel this way, but you want to be honest with him because you love him and don't want to have to hide your feelings from him. Then go with the flow. If he tells you you are gay and that he loves you, then you are out. If he does the "just a phase" thing and denies what you are telling him, then you are probably going to have to back off on sharing your feelings until you are old enough to be financially independent and living on your own. He may surprise you. Many people say one thing when talking in the abstract, but quickly change their tune when someone they know and love comes out to them. You are going to have to figure out what will work out best for you and the timing of it. Good luck, and I hope that your parents will both support your being honest with them, and let you live your real self in their home.

9. Stamp

@Yossarian, I think I will do it next year. Tough things been going on in the family lately. I got a funeral this week, my dad needs some more x-ray been having cheast pain. And many more. And I will try to do that.

10. RCJ24

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've written a letter I plan to give to my parents today to come out. It's easier to say it that way because you don't actually have to push out those tough words. It's still your words, but just on paper!

11. Stamp

I plan on doing it on come out day, btw thank you for the help. =3