1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ianm, Oct 2, 2013.

1. ianm

ianm Guest

Im gay and im like the only open gay guy at my high school (may be the only gay guy) and im feeling really sad because i would get called a fagget (plese dont be mad that i said that its just what they called me) and people would sometimes send me stuiped little fake notes saying they liked me. When ever i wrote back to that person it was a total trick and they would say "go kill yourself fag!" (again so sorry)

That was my freshmen year now im a journer and no one really picks on me but that dosent help the lonlness and depression i feel at being the only open gay guy at my school. I feel so alone and sometimes i do thing that killing myself is the only way to get ride of the pain and saddness i really wish i could. In freshmen year i would cut my thums to feel a little happer i dont know why i did it it just made me feel good. But now im just too deprssed to do anything and i... i just feel like my whole school hates me and my family dose. I think it would help me so much if i could get some adivce someone please help me. :help: Also theres this guy iv been friends with for years and i kinda have a crush on him and he knows because i told one of my female friends and she blamed (not friends with her anymore) and he hasnt said anything to me for a week. Im so scared he hates me now please someone give me some adive, please.

2. lovely lesbian

Hi first no should called you that is really mean and no one is going to be mad you said that you will get lots of support here x

3. ianm

ianm Guest

thats good i really need some support i dont get any at home infact my mother and brother (my dads in new york wtih his new wife) dont really talk to me at all infact i think they hate me im almost 18 and i think they well kick me one ocne i am.

4. ianm

ianm Guest

Can anyone help me with this stuff please say if you can please.

5. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there,

Hey, it's really brave of you to be the only person out at your school. There's plenty of us on here older than you and still not brave enough to do that! :slight_smile: It's statistically unlikely that you're the only gay person at your school, unless your school is really small, I reckon there's probably at least one more person there who doesn't dare come out!

I wish I could come to your school and give those homophobic morons a piece of my mind! I am a teacher and if they were my students they would be on a disciplinary the first time they did something like that and if they did it again they would get expelled. Don't let idiots like that make you want to end your life. You are so much better than them and when you leave school and start looking for a job, or travel, or go to college, or whatever you choose to do, you will look back and think, 'Those guys back at school were fucking morons.' And if you don't want to, you'll never have to see them again.

You will have finished school soon and then you can choose to go somewhere with more like-minded people where you will feel more able to be yourself. Maybe even in college, if you're going? Do a little research and find out which colleges have LGBT societies and are the most gay-friendly? Or if not college, you can move away to get a job somewhere else? Please don't kill yourself - there are so many things you could do and try. There is so much life after high school.

Keep posting on here, there's plenty of friendly people who are on your side :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 2nd Oct 2013 at 09:52 PM ----------

PS. As for the friend you have a crush on, it can make things awkward between friends. If your friend is straight, I don't think there's any harm in denying it and reassuring him that you only see him as a friend. And also, maybe seeing a therapist would help you - give you someone supportive to talk to. :slight_smile:

6. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Hello, welcome to EC.

Does your school have counselor? If you think that the experience will go well; perhaps, try to talk them?

Now, it seems like you cope by pain and sadness; moreover, have you thought what makes you happy? what do you enjoy?

Also, do you think there is a "problem"? Or problems, if so give us feedback as how they affect you, and how you feel about them.

We are always here to hear you, if you ever feel lost come and write to us, as writing also helps you take control of your emotions.

7. hichat

Don't care what people say to you. Don't hurt yourself anymore. You can talk to me whenever you want. I feel lonely also sometimes and I understand how you feel.

8. sammy1

Aw I'm so sorry the kids are so mean at your school (*hug*) no one deserves to be treated like that.

9. ianm

ianm Guest

Thank you everyone this is helping me so much. and as for your questions nat3 yes my school dose have a counsuler and i have talked to her, and she is very nice and she has helped me throw some hard stuff. And what makes me happy is wrighting i enjoy telling sotries or wrighting storys about stuff it helps me stay calm. I would say its prombles and what do you mean by "gives us feedback on how they affect you"? Also thank you so much hitgirl for your adive thank you everyone for helping me out. ^.^

10. ianm

ianm Guest

so hows everyone feeling today? because im feeling hurt more than anything right now.