1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SarahAnn, Oct 3, 2013.

1. SarahAnn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm pretty confident in the fact that I'm bisexual. At the start there was a lot of questioning but I can't deny how I feel. I'm completely comfortable with who I am and I'm out to one very close friend, I'm easily able to talk about being bi to her, she's extremely supportive but I have absolutely no idea how to come out to anyone else such as my parents. I'm not 100% sure I'm ready, but when the time comes how would I even approach it?

2. Twinkletoes81xx

You will know when the time is right to tell someone. There are different ways to approach it, maybe when you're having a conversation with someone about the subject or you could ask to talk to them. When I came out the first and second time I wrote down what I was going to say and I practiced it. This might help but when the time comes, you will know how to approach it. Good luck <3 :wink:

3. ChloeAllison

I am the very same. I feel like after coming out and having this close relationship with my friend it is hard to see my other friendship as the same because they don't really know all of me. However, my best friend finding out was an accident in the first place and every time I think of coming out to someone else I can always find a reason not to (mostly that they might hate me). I would really like to hear your experiences if you manage to start breaking the ice with others.

4. this is me

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    it really varies... the way told the firs person was I asked them if they knew what coming out of the closet means, and they did, so I kinda just stood there and she understood after a minute or 2... I go her to tell 2 people, and now im out to about 15 people!!! its just what you feel right...but, and im sorry to say this, but its gonna be easier in your head then it actually is 99% of the time... good luck!!!!

5. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You will know when the time is right for a start. One day you'll just wake up and think "I'm ready". Only you can decide on a way which is best for you to come out. It's all about what will make you feel comfortable. There's no right or wrong way to do it. Just as long as you get the words out somehow.

Goodluckkkk

6. lovely lesbian

Im sure you know when the time is right :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

7. Projectfabulous

Like all the other intelligent people above me said, there really isn't a right or wrong way to do it; just as long as you do. And, when the time comes, you'll figure out the way that's best for you. For example, I read all these stories about how people had serious conversations and were all crying, but, if you knew me, I'm not really a serious person. So I came up with less serious, fun ways to come out to my friends. They totally weren't graceful, nor were they horribly serious, but I did it the way that I felt comfortable doing it, and that's what I think is important:slight_smile: