1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me! I need help coming out to my parents.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ameliaj15, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Ameliaj15

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    :help: Look I seriously need some help with coming out as Bi-Sexual to my parents. I'm 15 and I originally thought I could get away with not saying anything to them until I have moved out of there house. Which ever comes first. Because I feel like they're gonna kick me out of there house if I tell them and if I have my own place then if they kick me out of their home I ain't homeless. Anyway the reason I want/kinda need to tell them now is because I have told some friends at school and sadly you get the eavesdroppers and those eavesdroppers are giving me shit about it and they're giving my friend Nicole shit about her being a lesbian. I want to tell them what's going on but at the same time as you guessed they don't know I'm bi. I need help telling them because neither of my parents support gay marriage and think being gay/bi is bad. I figured out for sure what their reaction would be by what they thought was an April Fool's prank but to me was a test. On April 1st I said to them that I was a lesbian (IDK why I chose that over bi so don't ask!) and they got mad until I said "April Fool's!" ever since I have been living in fear of telling them or them finding out on their own but decided to not hint or say anything until I moved out and obviously that hasn't worked out! So if anyone here has any advice I would appreciate it! Because this stress has gotten to the point where I have thrown myself against my bedroom wall MANY times and I have cut myself because of it twice! :help: :help: :help:

2. biggayguy

Is there a friend you can stay with for a few days if your parents react badly? That would give you a little time to Make some phone calls to relatives that might take you in or child protective services. Is there a run away hotline you could call? They might help you keep a roof over your head.

Of course this is planning for the worst. Your parents may surprise you by being more tolerant than you thought. Parents often are when it's their own kid. Hurting yourself will probably make things worse. It could give them a reason to get a psych evaluation on you.

3. MaybeJory

When I was 15, my parents found out I was not hetero. They freaked out enough that I ran back into the closet and stayed there many years. I hurt myself because I was not able to be myself. I made many bad life choices because of that denial. Even if you tell them and they react badly, it won't be as bad of living two lives like you are now.

4. LILuke

If you're really afraid they will react that badly, then maybe it might be a good idea to wait until you're no longer financially dependent on your parents to come out. I'm not saying you definitely should, obviously it depends on your situation. If it's causing you so much pain like you said then it's probably better to get the whole thing over with. :/