1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired, so here's my plan

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Joey, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    As said in the title, I've gotten to the point where I'm tired of looking at myself as I am and decided I'm going to start hardcore training next week... wake up, run, eat, class, weights, and more running. Hopefully all goes well!

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can go hardcore if you want, but I found it easier to just be smarter about the whole thing. We're confronted with hundreds of choices every day, and in many cases, there's a "healthy" alternative.

Taking the stairs, not the elevator.
    Walking or biking to class instead of taking the bus.
    Playing frisbee with your friends instead of XBox.
    Grilled chicken, not fried.
    Mustard not mayonaisse.
    Vinegar instead of ranch dressing.

I don't want to discourage you from your course. If you have the drive and the time, sure, go for it! But don't ignore the easy stuff above. Even when you don't have the drive and time, those options are always open. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. darkestknight

^ I agree!

It's quite cumulative too! Take the stairs is one of my fave routines!

(because I'm elevator phobia sometimes... if it's more than 4 floors I will take the elevator!)

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ My friend has elevator phobia something fierce. I actually didn't know this, until I took him to Vegas and booked him a room - on the 28th floor. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Pancake

eat ur own cum instead of food! :grin:....ok mabe not..anyways good luck and just do what lex said

6. Joey

Well... more or less, what I plan on doing is an extension of my normal routine. Since I have more free time on my hands, I can throw in the runs in the morning and afternoon and stay longer at the gym. I already do pretty much all of that, at least now that I'm back on my diet... :dry: still a little bitter about the 6lb gain in 2 weeks...

7. Jim1454

Just don't over do it! You're more likely to stick with the program if it isn't TOO strenuous. Either because you won't get completely sick of it, or you won't have injured yourself from over doing it. Running can be VERY hard on your body - so be careful. You're best to start out slow and work up to a pace that you want to maintain.

Sorry if I sound like your mother!

8. Alex

Im kinda doing the same, though i wouldnt label it as hardcore.. basically i dont eat any sweets or the likes, no sugar filled drinks, water or diet stuff. No fat sauce if they make that etc. trying to eat more green stuff instead of meat.
    And tomorrow i will be walking/running for at least 1 hour, will probably start with walking, then run a little, then walk back home or something. Doing that 3-4 days a week for the rest of the summer vacation would do me good :slight_smile:

9. Joey

Hahaha, I have a feeling my mom would go "...you go to the gym? Since when?!" I think she finally got the idea that I work out everyday when I got the gym membership at home and said "I need a few pairs of boxerbriefs... they're better to run in the boxers. Essentially, they're a sports-bra for your junk so stuff isn't flopping around and whatnot."
    At about that time she walked off shaking her head and muttering to herself...

But yeah, I dig. I shouldn't really have a problem with overdoing it because I've kept up my routine at least a bit since I've left school.

10. lostinthought9

LOL^^^flapping around??---i've never thought of it like that, haha, yea anywayz, maybe that 6 lb. gain was muscle, not fat??