1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out, Confession and Moving on at the same time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JoelYgz, Oct 6, 2013.

1. JoelYgz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, if you read about my previous threads, you will know that i fell in love with my guy best friend for some time now, the first guy friend that i actually fell in love with. Probably because he gave me so much signs and flirted me. I actually didn't fell for him after a while and didn't realized the things that he have done (grabbing my leg, put his hand on my lap, nipple pinching me, etc.)

I actually wrote this because i need an advice for coming out to him and confessing that i love him but at the same time giving him the assurance that i am trying to move on. I even wrote "scripts" about it. haha

Basically i will tell him that the reason i have been acting weird like saying bad things about his favorite things (Anime are stupid, studying all the time is stupid, etc) and teasing him a lot is because i want to avoid him and makes him mad at me, i want to tell him that he is the first guy i fell love with and since he is a close friend of mine, i'm going to say that me coming out and confessing to him is because i want to get rid of those feeling and i'm hoping that after telling him all of that, i can move on and finally enjoy my single and alone life again. (i loved it btw)

What do you guys think about that?
    Because everyday, i just can't seems to hold it. I tried to keep my distance, it doesn't work
    He is not homophobic at all, he often express his support for LGBT, he never had a girlfriend, and some people (including her sister accuse him of being gay a lot)

2. monotone

It sounds like you're ruling out any possibility of a relationship with him, is that what you're intending to do?

3. ClosetedFather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like hi will be fine with your friendship if you come out to him. It may strain your friendship if you tell him you have a crush on him. Perhaps you come out to him and simply answer any of his questions honestly. Once you have his response your next step may become clear. Maybe he'll come out to you. Maybe he'll make it clear he is not gay. Atleast you will know.

4. JoelYgz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah i think so, he is a great guy and all, but as in right now, i don't want to be in any kind of relationship as i'm focusing on things that i need to do first. Beside, if he is closeted, and i'm also closeted, i don't think it would work. Even when i confessed and he also confessed, what then? we become couple? a couple who would not do anything because we are both in closet? besides, i don't want to strain our relationship as he is one of my closest friend now, because most of my close friend moved out of state to transfer to 4 year university last summer.