1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm out - Now what?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by clockworkfox, Oct 7, 2013.

1. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Last weekend, after three or four Long Island iced teas and a few shots, I finally flat out told my boyfriend about my gender issues. To which he was...surprisingly cool.

Apparently he'd suspected that was what's been bothering me (and looking back on it now, he'd been subtly, yet actively pushing the trans subject, telling me about friends he's made online and pointing out the fluidity of gender). Now I'm still not sure how cool with it he is. He's straight. And I get the sense we won't be as close when I get to transition. But that said, he's offered up nothing but support. He's offered to let me talk with one of his transgirl friends, since she's more or less in the same boat. And he said that he's not going to just leave me because of my identity, even when dysphoria hits hard, because I'm still me, and he still loves me and wants to be there for me.

I think this went well over all.

2. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well done! He sounds lovely, and very willing to be supportive. I hope things go well for you two.

3. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you! He's really trying to be supportive, I shouldn't have been so scared to come out to him. :slight_smile:

4. Split Arrows

I'm so happy for you that it went so well. You have an amazing man, there!