1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like im losing my mind.[problem with that monthly "girl issue]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Jun 1, 2008.

1. MusicIsLife

-my mom is crazy atm.
    -ive randomly developed some sort of clausterphobia, and if im in a small space where i cant move freely, i have a minor anxiety attack.
    -i keep bouncing betweengiddily happy, terribly sad, or shaking with anger.
    -i havent had my period in 2 months. But ive got enough PMS to bitch a rhino to death.

To explain, my grandmother passed away about a month ago. We all loved her very, VERY much, but its hit my mom exceptionally hard since shes the oldest child. Im trying SO hard to be understanding, because i went through exactly the emotions she had, 5 years ago. My dad passed away when i was fourteen. I cant even explain how much it still hurts to even type that out. So i know what its like to lose a parent. But if i were her, I'd try to be grateful. She had her mother for 51 years. I had my father for a mere 14. I envy the time mymom still has with my grandfather, and u chersh every moment i have with my mom, but shes driving me crazy. My grandfather is moving to an apartment, and every time she comes home from his house, she yells and cries and acts like she hates us.

My period stuff, i dont know what to do. im really really scared it'll be something really bad--like never being capable of having children. But at the same time, i really dont want to hav to go back on the pill. I hate taking medication, except in extreme cases. [i have athsma, so i take an inhaler twice daily. But i dont feel its healthy to pump myself up with 9817432643 different types of drugs.]

i guess this wasnt exactly a plea for help but more of a rant... :frowning2:

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

Grieving takes a long time so it's natural you're jealous of the 51 years your mum had with hers. It seems like you're still grieving even after 5 years of it happening so don't blame yourself for the envy. Well done on trying to support your mum though.

Not sure what to do about the period thing, maybe see a doctor??

3. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I would go to a doctor about your period. They will probably be able to help. Don't start panicing that you're infertile or whatever because it's early days and that's very unlikely. I have a friend who never had periods naturally and she has to take pills every month to induce them, but she's not infertile. Lots of people miss periods sometimes and it's probably not a long-term problem. The doctor may say it is stress-related seeing the hard time you're going through (*hug*) I'm really sorry, hun. But at least this period thing has a clear solution, which is - go to your doctor!

4. Louise

(*hug*)
    I know it must be hard for your mum and well done you for trying to be so understanding but you do exist as well. I think you have the right to point out your mum's behaviour to her. She might not even realise she is doing it. She is probably just trying to survive at the moment and all the time she spends with her dad is also reminding her what she doesn't have with her mum.

Wait until there is a calm moment, just you and your mum, make her a cup of tea or something nice and sit down for a chat. Talk to her about how much you miss your grandma and that you realise that it is hard for her and then gently bring up the fact that she is really nasty with you when she gets home and that this isn't your fault and that you do understand. Even if she takes it badly at the start she will hear your words and this will help her deal with her pain in another way.

As for your periods you really do need to get this checked out. I know it is scary but the longer you leave it (if there is a problem) the more difficult things can become. This problem could be your bodies reaction to your grief and family upset at the moment but you definately need to go to your doctor to be sure.

Your unstable emotion state is also very likely down to your grandma's death, maybe you still have some issues with the loss of your dad, again the doctor will be able to tell if this is the case. If you don't like taking medication there are lots of herbal remedies which are very effective for emotional stress.

I for one am a great believer in 'Rescue Remedy', old posters will probably think 'not that again!' but it really works for me. Give it a look on internet it is explained very clearly and it is not a drug.

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Oh yeah, do check out "Rescue Remedy". Louise peddles it all the time (:wink:) but it actually works and it's not a drug.