1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Megan Elizabeth, Oct 9, 2013.

1. I've known I was a lesbian for a few years, but tried to deny it, dating boys etc. Obviously it didn't work. I've finally admitted it to myself, but nobody else. I'm a Christian, therefore it's against my religion, though I believe in gay rights. My mum would be supportive but I know my dad won't be if I told him. My sister would probably be supportive also. I probably have a handful of friends that wouldn't turn on me and act like I was trying to rape them or something, when they're really not my type. I'm so confused as to what to do. I have one friend that's bisexual, and I've always been he straight one in her eyes.

What do you guys think I should do?

2. Mysz

When you're comfortable with yourself, you should come out to this bisexual friend. She should be able to understand what you're going through; and give support outside the house if you ever tell your parents.
    You don't have to be out yet. Take your time, access possible reactions, and weight the benefits of coming out vs. not. Do you think you'd feel better if people know, or are you afraid of possible awkwardness in public?

3. Needhelp78

Be who you are or risk a life of misery.

4. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Mysz's advice. Well done for taking the first step, which is coming out to yourself - it's great that you have such self-awareness at your age, it took me until 29 so there's no rush, you are already fourteen years ahead of me! :slight_smile:

PS. I also agree with Needhelp78's advice. It's okay to take your time, but don't take forever. :slight_smile:

5. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Coming here is good, it can make you feel less alone. If you ever want to talk, I'm the same age and not out to anyone either.

6. Envira

I'm only 13, and even two years younger than you, I'm gonna tell you, you should tell someone. I would start with your bi friend, as she'll probably e the most supportive and most helpful. She can help you come out to your parents (you can do that one at a time) and your other friends and family members. Really, I know that you'll probably have moments of doubt, but you'll feel like it was the right thing to do. And you'll know when the time is right.