1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Coming Out Day

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by utsuratsura, Oct 9, 2013.

1. utsuratsura

On Friday, i'm planning on coming out as trans* to my best friend. I've been putting it off for way too long. She's one of those people who likes going dress shopping, and doing nails, and just those things that say "i'm a girl and this is what girls do". (Even though there's no reason boys can't do that stuff too.) I love her to death, but going dress shopping and painting my nails just adds to the dsyphoria I already have, and it makes me super uncomfortable. And I don't enjoy any of it in the least.
    I've come out to a couple of my other friends already, and I know that telling her would relieve a lot of my stress and dysphoria. but I feel like I'd be taking something away from her. I don't know how to describe it. It feels like I'd be taking away the friend that she's had for so long and replacing her with someone else. I'm still the same person and the same friend, but that's why I've been putting off coming out to her for so long.
    So has anyone been in a situation like this before, or have any advice on how to do this?? Right now I'm planning on just saying, "hey it's national coming out day and I'd like to tell you that I'm trans*." But that seems like it'd be too blunt. ;-; thanks for any help I get~:help:

2. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, as long as you will feel better about it, more power to you!

3. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Simplicity wins. If you want to be taken seriously sometimes you must be blunt and upfront to convey how you feel. It may just be me but that sounds pretty much perfect as far as what you could say. Maybe back it by explaining what it means and such.