1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picking someone up

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jason1111, Jun 2, 2008.

1. jason1111

jason1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have absolutly no idea how to pick up a guy, well other than going to the bar, which I haven't really expierenced yet, I hope I'll start like being myself soon because I'm in a bad place right now, I can't see myself with anyone. I see all the hetersexual couples walking around and I get jealous and envious it's so easy for them.

2. Trumpetplyer23

Just go out and make friends. Once you make friends, they can introduce you to other friends, and eventually you'll meet someone. Don't push it, love will find you.

As for heterosexual couples having it easy, it's not as easy as it seems. I know plenty of girls that would kill to have a boyfriend. I know plenty of guys that would kill to have a girlfriend. Also, those people in a relationship have problems as well, when you get into a relationship with someone it's not a walk in the park, because you have to deal with their baggage and they have to deal with your baggage.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, "picking up a guy" isn't ideal unless you're horny - and ONLY horny. Picking up a guy tends not to help with being lonely, for instance.

Get out there. Take classes, volunteer, go to some gay-friendly places. Start conversations. Things will start falling into place.

Lex

4. Jim1454

Sounds like familiar advice, doesn't it Jason? :icon_wink

I've yet to 'pick up' someone. I likely never will. Ever. But I've 'met' people through various means. Thankfully, one of those people turned into a really good friend, and eventually into a partner.

Now I'm only envious of those straight couples because they can sit and make out on a park bench without drawing at best some odd looks, and at worst an angry mob...

5. jason1111

jason1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds oddly familiar :slight_smile: What have you been up to Jim

6. Jim1454

I've just sent you a PM...

There are lots of things for you to try. I think the best thing would be to join the 'Out and Out' group in Toronto.

http://www.outandout.on.ca/

There are likely other groups like this in other major cities that people could join.