1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out on instagram

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 143kc, Oct 10, 2013.

1. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So, after coming out to those most important to me 2 months ago, I have started to become more self-confident in my sexuality. I am ready to come out, but my mother is desperately begging me to "hide my secret". Since I practically live in school now, I don't have to deal with her nearly as much as I did during the summer. Tomorrow is national coming out day, and I want to post a picture of the gay pride flag with the 2 female symbols in the middle. I only let people who I actually talk to follow me on instagram, so it wouldn't be like people who could taunt me would find out directly. Most of the people I know are very accepting, so my only worry is for my mother. If she finds out that I did this I would be screwed. Should I take the plunge or not?

2. Amerigo

oh dear, i have no idea. it's just that we are in similar positions, so i had to write. you know, parents pleading with me not to come out and all. and i respect their wish, but i need to do what's best. and i'm not entirely sure what that is. i hope people contribute to this thread! i need help too!