1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WiliamRoberts, Oct 10, 2013.

1. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Prom is something that's fairly new to the UK, and people seem to go about it by following what they've seen an American teen comedy. It will be happening at some point next year (around June) and people are already getting ready for it (It's 8 fucking months away -_-). Girls are deciding on what dress they want, where they wan't it to be, and the inevitable, who they want to go with.

As a gay lost in Narnia somewhere, you can see how this might worry me. You don't need a date to go to any other sort of party in life, but for some reason this one in particular you do. There are a few people who want to go dateless ( I want to go with them, as they're friends). A girl who've i've known for years, and is a (not a close) friend made a large hint at going with me to prom, and I'm not sure, but I think I might have agreed. I hope she'll forget about it if I don't mention it and distance myself from her, or someone else will ask her (I wasn't expecting it, as I wouldn't be suppressed if she was a Lesbian).

What can I do? If I got pressured into going, and it was just or the night, I would't mind too much (I still wouldn't like it though), as, though we're going to the same college, we're doing none of the same subjects (Neither she or I leave the house much side from school). My main worry is the 8 months away from now. Would I have to be her boyfriend? What if I want to come out between then and now? I feel like I've been put on a deadline, not allowed to think about things in my own time. The choice of coming out has been stripped from me.

I'm starting to feel scared about school, about what might happen. Someone asking if I've "got my eye on anyone" (the same person on more than one occasion -_-), even though he's doesn't know I'm gay (He had the nerve ask if I would tell him if I was gay. This was proceeded by a lot of asking If I like anyone) he must be able to tell I'm uncomfortable with it, so why continue to peruse it? I heard of a boy asked to "prove he wasn't gay" When did coming out become their responsibility?

Any advice:help:? [Sorry for the long post, I've kept this to my self for a while]

---------- Post added 10th Oct 2013 at 03:25 PM ----------

Anyone?

2. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Advice would be really helpful.