1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parental guidance

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mvjp, Oct 10, 2013.

1. mvjp

have been very slowly coming out over the past sort of year - so like alot of people know by now but i CAN NOT seem to come out to my family. Anyway i met this really cool girl in the gay village and who knows where that will go but i figure its really getting to the point where my family (fairly conservative with a catholic mother) need to know and i mean this is the woman who once told me she thinks its impossible for someone to be bisexual!

any advice or tales of experience would be greatly appreciated especially as i am seeing the girl in question again on sunday :slight_smile:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, not that it helps much necessarily, but there a plenty of people who think bisexuality isn't a thing but don't have a problem with people being gay...

If you don't think you can persuade them on logical grounds, then I would try and avoid telling them until you've known this girl of yours long enough to be able to say they have made you happy. Try it on emotional grounds...

3. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How can anyone think it's impossible to be bisexual!? That's ridiculous. Sorry, don't have any advice as I haven't come out to my own parents yet... except maybe that if you're ready to do it, pick a method and rip off the plaster. Good luck :slight_smile: