1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After I find a way to come out to my parents this is my next mission in life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dakine, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    A FB status I'm working on "Hi, my names Shawn. I'm 30 years old and I've just recently admitted to myself I'm gay....maybe bi, who knows...societies expectations fucked that up for me. This isn't a self help coming out...I'm quite cool with myself. I'm doing this cause I want everyone who might be struggling themselves to know that God loves you. They say that 10% of people aren't straight...that means there are plenty of people suffering in silence...why?? Because society has taught us that the only way is the heterosexual way. Guys don't cry and girls cry too much...it's all bullshit...be yourself, love yourself and be confident God loves you. If there's one thing I could get across is that God loves you. I promise that, regardless of sexuality. Funny the bible mentions homosexuality only a handful of times, and not once by Jesus himself...and every time it's brought up it's not in the context of consensual homosexuality...however it is brought up in the same sentence that tells us we can't eat shellfish...guess I better put my shrimp tray back on the shelf eh?? I refuse to watch another person suffer in needless silence...remember, God loves you. If you believe in God, then you have to believe He didn't create faggots, that's a man made word ...He created humans. "

2. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's really well written and I can see that being a defacto Facebook status. Just curious, any idea when you're coming out?

Either way good luck to you

3. RCJ24

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Preach it! This is really good for gay Christians of all ages to hear and/or be reminded of. Good job!