1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling lonely :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WiliamRoberts, Oct 11, 2013.

1. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really want a boyfriend, but I don't want to come out yet : / Feeling a bit lonely :frowning2: I don't like hearing about gay couples, because it makes me feel like i've showed up to something late, so don't get a part. I don't like hearing from straight couples because I fell uncomfortable around them. Half of me wants to burst out of the closet, and the other half wants to hide in the back. I don't know, I'm just feeling a bit down :icon_sad:

#1 WiliamRoberts, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. mvjp

awww hun i know the feeling i really like a girl atm but got know idea how to tell her slowly started coming out now but really struggling with old friends and family genuinely considering sending a text to my parents now like instant and over quickly like ripping off a plaster :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

good luck cheer up - hugs x

3. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks x

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2013 at 08:25 AM ----------

Sometimes I feel like i should just burst out "I'm gay: that's all" in the middle of school. It's on the tip of my tongue at times :icon_wink

4. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

Have you thought about maybe coming out to your closest friends? You don't have to tell everyone just yet. Once your friends are aware of your sexuality, maybe they can introduce you someone you might like. Don't rush that, though. I'm sure you'll find a boyfriend when the time is right :slight_smile: Cheer up!

5. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

6. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think I'll come out till I can think about it in public without going red in the face and feeling a cross between butterflies and guilt.

7. Nick07

I feel your pain. Today I feel like an outcast at EC because of all the coming out stories. I think I will move to the other board I am a member of - completely straight forum, no coming out talks... :frowning2:

8. mvjp

Sometimes I feel like i should just burst out "I'm gay: that's all" in the middle of school. It's on the tip of my tongue at times :icon_wink[/QUOTE]

well it would certainly be a good talking point on a future date lol - so how did you come out ... well

also is it weird that i imagine youd jump on a table to do it

9. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well it would certainly be a good talking point on a future date lol - so how did you come out ... well

also is it weird that i imagine youd jump on a table to do it[/QUOTE]

With backing music :wink:

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2013 at 09:53 AM ----------

You're not alone : /

I suppose today was always going to be filled with them.

10. palimpsest

You are absolutely not alone. Not only do I get where you are coming from on this, but I keep having the recurring vision of opening my front door, running down the street, yelling at the top of my lungs "I'm gay, deal with it!" And moving on.

The funny thing is, I'm more than twice your age, married and have kids. I'm only "safely" out, took careful stock of my relationships and got started that way. Helps me deal with the rest of it. Of course, it can become addictive too.

You can control your speed. Trust me, you've got time. I wish I had been as self-aware as you are at 15.

Hang in there, vent here, and practice all the crazy ways you'd love to let the world know all about the real you. Who knows, maybe one of them will be just the thing you've been looking for (and it just might be the one that get's the attention of that special guy you are ready to date).

11. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks a lot everyone :slight_smile: It's nice to be able to moan about things I normally keep quite about :grin:

#11 WiliamRoberts, Oct 11, 2013
  12. dee0713

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I get all of these feelings too.
    Like, sometimes I just wish I was out to everyone and really open about it, so people would stop asking me about what guy I like, etc, and other queer girls might know I'm gay, and I might meet a girl, rather than watching youtube videos of gay couples and crying over how cute they are and feeling alone.
    I also get the urged to come out at really random times. Like I just want to suddenly blurt out 'I'M GAY' in conversation, or tweet about a cute girl I saw, or reblog something on tumblr that just screams 'I'm gay', but at the same time I just want to never tell anyone about it, because it's just so... personal. And I think if I tried to say anything right now I'd end up choking on the words and not being able to.
    I guess I've just got to practice my speech in the mirror more, and try to make my closet as comfy as I can while I'm still here :wink:

I hope you feel more positive soon. I think everyone gets butterflies when they come out/think about coming out, but the guilt is something you've got to get over, because there's nothing for you to feel guilty about. It may take time, but it'll be worth it. x

13. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For the majority of the time I'm an optimist, and I felt a lot better about it after I posted this and received such fantastic support.

Also about people asking you about guys, I really feel you there. It's so annoying! Sometimes I just want to turn around and shout "It's none of your business!", and the truth is, even If I was out, it's still up to me if I want to talk about it. It hit me recently that everyone (Even those I'd guessed at being in the closet) I know has gone out with someone of the opposite sex. I'm running out of excuses : /

14. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For the first time, in too long, I feel happy about being gay (!):kiss:

#14 WiliamRoberts, Oct 11, 2013
  15. mvjp

16. JakeHas

Aww, I know how you feel, that's how I felt... I just wanted someone to be there for me. I'm not open either, but I found someone online... And he's the one I plan to stay with the rest of my life. The possibilities are endless for you! Don't be afraid of coming out, I know that may sound hypocritical because I'm not even fully out yet, but I think it will be worth it to be able to feel true love and peace.
    Best of luck to you! You deserve it :slight_smile:
    (If you can't think of anything for real life, you could always find someone online! Haha, long-distance can be hard though... Painstakingly hard, but it wont matter as long as it's true love)
    I know you'll find someone soon enough c: Good luck

17. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    c: Thanks, and good for you!

Coming out seems to be easier in theory.

18. dee0713

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, being asked about liking people of the gender you're totally not into sucks. Even when I thought I did like guys, telling people who I liked was never a thing I did, and it used to really annoy me when they asked, especially when they pushed and pushed it, because it just really wasn't any of their business (especially because it's never my close friends that ask, it's always the sort-of-friends that ask -_-). People can be annoying sometimes...
    Maybe we should come up with some new excuses ;P Like, when asked 'Sooo, do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend yet?' you could say something like 'Nope, I'm far too fabulous, I haven't found anyone awesome enough to date yet.', or just 'Ooh, look, is that a flying pig? Let's talk about that, I'm sure it's much more of an interesting topic than my love life.' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But, anyway, ahh, yay, that's awesome! :grin:

19. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm just too beautiful, it's putting them of!

My main worry would be someone over hearing, because I can just see that going wonderfully.

20. GirlWhoWaited

You don't have to come out unless you want to. It's no one's business but yours. When you decide to, you should get a guy to come into your class and reenact that famous scene from "An Officer and a Gentleman". Complete with music. Lol. It would be epic. :grin: