1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lewis, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Lewis

After so long hoping my mum would ask, she did and out of all days she chose national coming out day! She gave me a hug as soon as I said yes and we talked for hours afterwards, I'm so happy.

I have to thank everyone on here for giving me the strength to come out to my friends and family and for giving me the freedom to live my life from today onwards. I no longer have to hide and I can hopefully find somebody to spend the rest of my life with.

I hope you all can find the same happiness that I have today. Again, I really appreciate your support throughout the past two years.

Lewis :slight_smile:

Finally I can do this too (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

2. HarryIsCute

Congrats!! (*hug*)

3. Zular462

No better day! Congrats xx

- JK

4. yep

yep

Congratulations! I wish my parents would just ask me. I've dropped so many hints, but I'm just not sure if they're picking up on them...

5. Gen

Gen

I'm glad she took it well. ^_^

6. Lewis

Thanks everyone! This now means I can be out on FB too because most people know now which technically means I'm 'out to everyone'. I've told those I love, so anyone else will have to ask.

Feel strange this morning, extremely awkward knowing that she has probably told my dad and secondly because I have no idea what to do next. Being gay and worrying about being gay has taken over the most-part of my life. Now what do I be depressed about?!

7. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Congrats. I just find it very suspicious that she would pick NCOD of all days to ask you. Someone was doing some Google searching?

8. Lewis

There was kinda a build up to it happening. We were talking about other personal things and she asked why I didn't tell her this certain thing and I said 'because you're really difficult to talk to about personal things' so she went on to say 'you can tell me anything, I love you, are you gay?' And I was just like :O and had to say yes.

9. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations that absolutely brilliant news. You must feel so happy and relieved, now that you can finally be yourself! So happy for you :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

10. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha! I know what you mean. Trying to come out is like an all-consuming hobby!

11. Lewis

It is. Having nothing to worry about is a little overwhelming for me because that's what I've done for my entire life.

Everything is a little awkward for me right now because since I told my parents, it hasn't been brought up at all. It kind of feels like it was all a dream. I am assuming that my dad knows too because I asked my mum to tell him. I'd be dissapointed if she didn't because I've been assuming he just knows and hasn't said anything!

12. UG Scorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    congrats to you bud I wish you all the best with you life