1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i like this girl but....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Amethyst_remembrance, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Amethyst_remembrance

hiya i'm ammy , i like a girl and she's been my friend for about 3 years. she's super nice and really caring. when i told her i might move far away she suggusted that we get a apartment together so we can stay close to each other. she texts me on my cell phone almost every day , and for valentines she sent me severval love poems.... i really like her but.. does she like me ? i can't tell if she's just being friendley or she likes me.... i don't know if she's straight , Bi or whatever... and she doesn't know that i'm.. whatever i am... i don't want to scare her away cuase i don't have very many friends. i'm 19 and i never ed asked anyone out so.. i don't know how to aproch it. and i've never had any boyfirends or girlfirends.... cuase numerous girls ( no guys ) asked me out but at the time i found it scary for anyone to talk to me so i quickly rejeced them... since i have soicial axeity i have a hard time making and keeping friends... so thats why i don't want to scare the girl away... plus she's been so nice to me, she puts my needs before her own and she always was there to comfort me... plus she gives me chritsmas presents even though she doesn't celbrate chritsmas... i think she's muslam... yea thats it... but how should tell her i like her... well i think i like her... please help(!)

2. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    well it's a little harder to advise you without knowing the full facts Ammy.. generally it's a matter of how much you have to loose. If you think she's dropping hints and if she is putting your needs above her own there is a good chance that she does like you. Underdstandably if you're not out (since you're still trying to figure out who you are) then you're not going to want to rush in to things, but if it feels right then go out there.. let her know how you think about her and hope like hell she feels the same.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained I suppose is a good sentence to use, but then again it's how you know the person. If you think any movement may ruin the friendship you have or perhaps spiral out of control making her tell everybody that you're a lesbian then perhaps it's not the right action to take. But then again if you were thinking of moving away before, perhaps this could be a last case opportunity of sewing your oats in a familiar surrounding.

Either way let us know what you decide and how it all goes, good luck!!!

Jamie xx

3. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Sounds quite simply to me. Not many 19 year olds i know send love poems on valentines day just for the hell of it. Start up a conversation about gay rights or something, record her reaction in your mind. Judge accordinly, make your move if appropreiate. I'm sure at 19 you know that a 3 year friendship won't be ruined by innoncently bringing up gay rights.