1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I come out to a strict christian house hold?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hellokittyhero, Oct 13, 2013.

1. hellokittyhero

I have tried my best to always keep my parents proud of me, but I want them to support me in everything I am. I have no idea how to tell them, or if I even should. I want to come out to a friend first, but thats hard too. I have no idea how people will view, im scared i'll be judged. Especially in swim team and show choir. Any advice? Thanks guys!

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OMG the two posts I'm replying too resonate with me a profound amount.

The thing that happened with me when I came out to my parents is that they (my mom mostly) were afraid and did not want to lose me to the devil.

The thing to remember is that everyone is judged to some extent and you can't get bogged down with getting judged by people. If your friend(s) is/are open-minded, they will grow to love you and care more about who you are as a person rather than what you are or what gender you want to spend the rest of your life with.
    The quote that I was always fond of was: Don't hate somebody because they sin differently than you do." And my friend who is a (true) Christian stated that: "Before we (religious folk) decide if it's a sin or not, we gotta show them love and compassion first."

3. hellokittyhero

Thanks! And i know true friends will be there for you and support you in everything you are. I'm extremely nervous, and i know I'm not ready to come out yet. But i know it will get to a point to where I am comfortable with who i am.