1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How i came out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ianm, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Ianm

Ianm Guest

I came out by one of my class mates asking me if i was gay or bi in the boys locker room after gym class. I said i was gay and everyone seemed to be fine with it. But the next few days i started to get fake notes saying that someone liked me and wanted to be with me. But when i asked the person they would say "Get lost loser im not gay and i hope you die." All this cased me to cut myself (manly my thums) but it still hurt a lot what kids would say to me. But after winter brake it mostly died down and it started to get better.

That was my freshmen year and after that everything was fine. a lot of other stuff happend like prank calls and someone threating to beat me up. I also wrote some notes to people but nothing came form them. But thats how i came out to my school. So everyone knows im gay and im in my jouner year at high school. So everything has died down now but you never know so i have to stay on my toes. Now there is something i do want some adive on. How should i come out to my step brother? i dont know if he is homophobic or not and i dont spend that much time with him so if someone could give me some adive on that it would help. hes the only person in my family who dosnt know im gay. Oh and i kinda have a problem with my long deisent relationship and i need some adive on how to make it work. its hard not seeing my man. please if you guys could fine the time please help. thank you all~ (*hug*)

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How often do you see this step-brother? Are you close to him? Has he ever expressed any opinions on LGBT issues before?

3. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, there are so many morons at high school, well done you for having the courage to come out! I haven't come out to my own family yet and I'm 30, so no advice about your step brother really, except that there's no rush, you've done well coming out to everyone else so take your time... as you don't see him often, maybe email him or something to give him time to think about how to respond. Or even ask someone else in the family to casually drop it into conversation.

4. Ianm

Ianm Guest

Thanks you guys.