1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hitgirl, Oct 14, 2013.

1. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wondering if anyone has started coming out, started totally loving it, and then got a bit scared about it afterwards?

I have been on a roll, coming out to loads of people and feeling good about it and proud to be bi... but then I had a big coming out thing planned for Coming Out Day and didn't manage to do it and now I feel disheartened, scared and doubtful again.

I have only had supportive reactions but I suddenly feel like people's perceptions of me are shifting and I don't like it. I suppose one of my friends acted a bit weird about it - I mean, she was supportive, but she just made me feel a bit uncomfortable and maybe that has knocked me off my high a bit.

Feel like I want to put my coming out plans on pause for a while, but at the same time I know that people will start to find out through other people and I would rather tell them myself to get things straight (no pun intended). A few people at work know, some of my students and some of my friends from different 'friendship groups', so it is likely to spread in all directions (except perhaps family, although there's a slim chance).

:help: