1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some advice and help D:

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Eymma, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Eymma

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 13. I know I've been bi for a year now, and I have interest in two girls.
    I came out to my mum yesterday...Big mistake.
    I knew she was religious, but I didn't think she was THAT religious.
    She's disappointed in me, ashamed, disgusted, she hates me! She also thinks that the story of me trying to rape a girl at a sleepover is true! (It was a rumour spread around school last year about me)
    I can't believe my own mother would think that of me, I don't know what to do. We're hostile to eachother and I love school, it helps me get away from home.
    I wish I could live somewhere else for a while, but I can't...

What do I do? :frowning2: :tears:

2. Nick07

(((hug)))
    I am sorry you are in a difficult situation.

To tell the truth, for now, I would stop bringing it up and for the safety reasons back off.

Tell her that you keep thinking about it and maybe you was wrong. I know it sucks, but at your age your mother has too much power over you. Drop off the radar and enjoy friendship with your girl friends, before she forces you to stop interact with anybody.
    *hug*

3. LD579

Actually, I don't think the answer is so clear-cut. By abiding by her mother's wishes, she's sending the message that her mom is right and that her mom has the power. That's not necessarily so. As for what answer there is... =/ That's really tough. It might not be pretty or easy, but sticking to who you know yourself to be, even if your mom isn't supportive, would likely be the best for the long run, unless you have reason to believe that your mom would do anything drastic.

4. MJM09

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there and welcome to EC!

First of all, congrats on having the courage to tell your mother. Sorry, that she reacted in the way that she did. Like Nick07 said, it would probably be better to save it for another time. Sometimes that's all that people need, some time to think things over. But Luthan also has a good point. Let her absorb all the information and settle down for now. Then let her know that you're proud to be who you are and that you would never do anything like that on a sleepover.

It's good to know that you love school and that this experience isn't affecting that attitude. Do any of your friends know? While your mother isn't exactly there for you, in terms of support, keep your friends close.

Good luck.

#4 MJM09, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  5. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are not disgusting or those other things your mother said. You're really brave for coming out to her or anyone, well done!

I don't know if you have to tell her you were wrong, but otherwise yeah, maybe don't talk to her about it for a while. Sucks, but I guess my suggestion comes from wanting to protect you from having to hear her horrible comments!

Is there a friend, teacher or aunty you can talk to? You said you were out to a few people.