1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out again, new country new 'friends'

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tom not Tim, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Tom not Tim

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello,
    So I am gay and out to everyone (hooray for me). This september I decided to go and study abroad. SO I've arrived and settled in and understand how things work here in France.
    To be honest, gay people don't stand out much here, but then again I'm in small city just outside of Paris.

My problem is I'm not exactly 'stereotypical', so people wouldn't think I'm gay. As I said I'm out to everyone at home, but here people wouldn't think I'm gay. Naturally when they ask me I tell them, and I'm comfortable with that; but not many people have asked.

I've come out to a three people here, each case was because they asked if I had a girlfriend (sigh). But the news obviously hasn't spread, at least I don't think so.

I've made a few friends that I've been hanging out with more often, and I don't think it would change anything but I strongly think I should tell them. Problem is I don't know how to bring it up. I'm happy all the attention for being a foreigner is dying down now, but I don't want to bring back all the attention by just spitting out it "Hey guys I'm gay". I admit I am an extrovert, but attention has it's limit and I've already come out once in my life. This all feels soooo unnecessary yet sooooo necessary at the same time.
    Help?

2. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why not use your own coming out experiences as inspiration? You've done it once, you can do it again.