1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's starting to hurt...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gipsy, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ...it's starting to hurt me just by keeping my real identity hindered. All my friends talk about boys, me on the other hand, just remaining quiet. Only one friend knows but she goes to another school and it's really starting to get me depressed. I'm getting to the point where I don't care if they find out. I'm tired of hiding my pride. If they find out and decide to be asses about it then so be it. Whatever.

2. Werbinich

Don't do anything rash, since you are still in school means that you still have lots of time to wait and see. Remember not to lash out at others since it would certainly lead to no good. However, if you say peacefully, such as publicly on Facebook, those who are your real friends shall still be your friends no matter who you are and be supportive and knowing.

Good Luck!

3. Nick07

I would probably start with another good friend. If you say it to many people at once, the chances are that your parents will know soon and not from you.

4. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    True, but they don't really know my parents, except this one girl but she has no contact with them. I'm not really saying that I'm gonna come out yet, but just really not care if they find out, because I'm tired of hiding it. It hurts me so if they find something related to homosexuality in my Facebook page and they have something to say, then I honestly could care less.

5. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you no longer want to hide who you are anymore then just start telling people. As in tell the people you trust the most and know will have your back. After that tell someone in your family that you also trust preferably someone you're really close with. I know how annoying it is to feel like you have to hide who you are; it sucks. Just remember at the end of the day no one else is going to live your life so it's up to you to chase after your own happiness and not care what others think because it's your life not anyone else's. I wish you the best of luck.

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, there's a start, you could always start liking LGBT related articles, topics, news etc on Facebook. It doesn't have to mean anything more than you just simply liking something because you have that right. Once I came out on Facebook, I started to open up more and I feel like now, I can freely be myself. I know it isn't easy, but you should not feel like you have to hide this part of you because you're afraid of your friends disapproval.

I never thought about my friends not accepting who I am, except for my best friend who is bisexual. Her sister happens to be a friend of mine and she found out through Facebook that I am gay and she told my friend's mom (their mom.) She thinks that I can somehow turn my friend gay, which is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And I will admit that it has put a strain on my relationship with my friend because I am out and she's not.

She wants to be happy and in love with a woman, but she is afraid. I've tried to encourage her, but she simply isn't ready and that's fine with me. So, you can always start off slowly by liking these pages that catches your attention and if anyone asks then be honest. However, make sure it's someone that you can trust. My girlfriend's friend, her mom seems to think that she is trying to change her daughter as well. Not only that, she doesn't like my girlfriend at all. So, please be careful because some of your friends may be forced to stop being friends with you.

But on a more positive now, there's this amazing girl on YouTube that I watch and she's been such an inspiration to me. Here's the link...Lesbian Answers - YouTube

#6 pinklov3ly, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  7. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hah, you've read my mind about the Facebook likes, because that's exact what I do but nobody has asked yet. Thanks for the video, I'll watch it when I get home. :slight_smile: