1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Turning Back

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mylo360, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Mylo360

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    O.K. If you have been following some of my posts, then I need some quick advice. And even if you haven't, well i pretty much love the opinion of everybody on here so opinions please!

I found the old friend of mine who came out as gay during high school. Thank you Facebook. Not really that hard i suppose, and I have sent him a few friendly typical on off online chit chat messages... How do i move on into the true point of the conversation? I just want to tell him that I'm gay, and ask him how he managed it living in the same area as me......... but im feeling scared again. Once i push send...well that's kinda it. No going back.....

Should I do it? :confused:

2. confused1234

First of all, I want to say that I read your other thread and can really relate to what you're going through. It sounds like you were very involved in athletics in high school. I was too, and I always felt out of place and...different. I was respected and generally well-liked I think, but I was always so worried about slipping up that it made my social life hell. And like you, I agonized over my sexuality and tried (successfully for a while) to convince myself I was straight.

Telling my friend I am bisexual was the best decision I ever made. It was such a huge weight off of my shoulders. So just go for it. It'll help, I promise. Maybe just say, "So, I wanted to ask you something if you don't mind. You obviously don't know this because I'm not out to anyone, but I'm actually gay. I'm curious, what was it like being out during high school?"

Do it! You'll feel great.

3. Mylo360

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the advice! I could not for the life of me find the words that you were able to conjure up so easily lol..... wow my heart is really beating fast right now... well here we go!