1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out without labelling myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChromeNerd, Oct 16, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to the gay straight alliance. I didn't really mention any specific label. They were asking the members why they were open minded about gay rights.

I decided this would be a good time to come out. I just told them that I joined because I realized when I was twelve that my lack of interest in guys might have something to do with being on "the other team" instead of being immature like I originally thought.

I still don't feel ready to call myself gay or lesbian. Partly because I'm still a bit scared that I might be bisexual. Hopefully no one will ask me for clarification.

2. Abbra

Just let yourself grow into your own label (if you ever even get one) you will be able to know what you are in due time. Don't let them force a label on you if you aren't ready for one.

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What she ^^^^^ said.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I identify as bi but I will also refer to myself as "LGBT" even though I'm most definitely not lesbian or transgender. It's more of a way for me to identify myself as part of the larger community.