1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want to But I'm Scared

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by iamsafeandsound, Oct 17, 2013.

1. iamsafeandsound

Most, if not all, of my friends know about my sexuality. I'm bi and they're cool with it. (Granted they irritated me with the questions about "Have you ever liked/kissed/done a girl?" until I punched them but hey) Even my sister knows.
    Only a few of my friends and my fiancee know about my gender identity though. I want to come out to more people, but I'm afraid of my parents finding out. If my parents find out, I don't know what I'd do. I know for a fact that they would tell me that it's just a phase, I'm just confused, or something else along those lines. My mom said girls who are bisexual or lesbians chose that after some guy broke their heart and that she doesn't want any of her kids to be gay (even though she says she'll "love us just the same" if we are. What a load of bs)
    So how on earth would they respond if they found out about my gender? They have no idea what fluidity is and if I tried to teach them I know they'd tell me I'm just confused.
    I want to come out to them but I'm so afraid they wouldn't support me.
    In fact, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't.
    What should I do?