1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to More People

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by newfish, Oct 17, 2013.

1. newfish

I came out to the first person and, as expected, my friend did not care. Still, I was very nervous and after it was over, I didn't feel super-happy or anything. Instead, I sort of went back into denial and freaking out about if I was wrong. I've gotten over that, but I'm not quite sure how to come out to more people.
    Did anyone else feel the same way? If so, how did you move on? I'm looking for a way to steadily open up during the early stages.

2. bscott92

Coming out to more people will become easier over time. I tried to find all the people who I knew would have a good reaction before I went to the ones I wasn't sure about or those who I thought would have a bad reaction. You can get yourself so worked up to have the conversation and then not know what to do exactly when the other person is so nonchalant about it. Just accept it as a huge success and be grateful you have such a good friend.