1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I so scared of?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MtnFr3sh, Oct 17, 2013.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My mom knows, a few of my friends know, even in my next expository essay in English 2 is about how secrets can affect your past present and future, and I'm going to say it all, without saying it, and I know it won't matter because my English 2 teacher is obviously gay, even during graduation last year, he told one of my gay friends like it was some big secret when everybody in the whole damn school can tell anyway.

I don't care what people say, do, or think about me. So I don't understand why I am hesitating at telling a few more people. I don't know if it's because I'm scared of change, or if I actually am scared of what people think. I really don't get it... Somebody mind telling me why? Or how I can just do it even though there are a few that already know?

2. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's natural to hesitate to tell people that your gay. It is a part of who you are and its the fear of being rejected, discriminated against, or seen as different that instill that hesitation we all feel. Don't stress it I'm sure the more people you tell the less of a hesitation you will feel to tell anyone. Stuff like this takes patience and time but you will get to the point were you no longer hesitate.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Telling people a detail that is very personal and a part of your being is scary. Even if you lived in Homotopia, going from closeted to open is a big step. You just have to be brave and do it. :slight_smile: