1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to begin?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Case, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Case

Currently DE. Also, FL, NV, AL and California!
    So, I don't know what my sexual orientation is. I would normally would say straight, but now I'm not sure. I really don't like not talking to my friends about this and I really feel like I need to tell my closest friend. I really just need to talk to someone about my confusion. So how do I go about bringing the topic up and admitting that, after all these years she's known me as straight, that I'm not so sure? Any suggestions? I'm spending the weekend with her and another friend and I think this will be my only chance to say it face to face before I have to go back to work in another state.

2. cdk

cdk

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should ask or at least have an idea of where your friend stands with LGBT people, is she pro-gay or not? Ask for her opinion on gay marriage or a celebrity and work from there (if you don't know).... Something like, so lately (name), I've been thinking about something that has been bothering me alot. I would really appreciate if you could hear me out. The thing is, I'm not too sure that I am entirely straight. (then proceed to say why you're feeling this way)

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hm, it's not easy to start this kind of conversation but sometimes a chance to start the topic occurs naturally :thumbsup:
    I remember me and my friend went to dinner and all I knew was that I'm gonna tell her somehow. During the evening she told me she's seeing a new guy she met on a dating site. I grabbed the chance and told her that I was also looking at some dating sites, but that I was searching ads for 'woman seeking woman' and that I think I could be gay :newcolor:
    Good luck with your friend (*hug*)

4. Case

Thank you. I'm going to see if I can work up the courage to talk to her. I'm going to try and do what you guys suggested. My goal is to just get it off my chest finally. I've been going crazy about not being able to talk to her about it. I will let you know how it goes *fingers crossed* Maybe then, I'll start to figure out if I really am attracted to women.

5. lovely lesbian

Good luck xxx

6. Case

Thank you for all the help. I was able to tell them that I'm not sure and may be Bi. They actually took it really well and were excited. It was a big relief. They told me that I just need to put myself out there more and see what happens. I'm not a very outgoing person, but I will try more to meet people. Thanks again for all the advice. I pretty much just worked in the gay topic and then told them about my feelings. It was great! I feel better, but I am still pretty confused, but at least I have my friends to back me up.

7. JDG

JDG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Really pleased for you, thats great news! I haven't been able to tell anyone as my closest friends are 'slightly' homophobic, well they are when drunk!

8. Case

Thank you. I hope that you will be able to someday. I'm sure that if they are your friend they will understand. I may just take a little longer then my friends. Wish you the best. I know it's hard when all the people around you don't actually know what your thinking or feeling.

9. TheOutsideLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's hilarious :lol: