1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So close to coming out last night

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Egan, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Egan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a closeted bi guy in my mid 30s (married) and am simply petrified of coming out. I was out with a close friend of mine (a female) last night, and after a few beers, I came really close to telling her I am bi-sexual. It was on the tip of my tongue, but I found myself shaking the closer I came to blurting it out. To be honest, I was absolutely terrified. Much to my disgust, I chickened out and could not do it. I have not felt so scared in many years. Why oh why is it so difficult? Today I feel quite sick just thinking of last night's ordeal! :icon_sad: <sigh>

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no idea what it's like in South Africa, but here at least, women and particularly younger women are very relaxed about men's sexuality. Telling her you're bi shouldn't be a big deal at all. She might actually like it. :wink:

3. Egan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks RSwordsman. I'm not sure... Maybe she will like it :slight_smile: I know inside that the problem is me, and not actually what she might think. I'm so scared! LOL

4. English Frenchman

Well, I’m a bit too young to know, but from my experiences with females in Cape Town and in Durban, they’re very relaxed and are usually very trustworthy. I read your previous post about your platonic relationship with another man.
    I recently came out to two people - my two closest friends. That is to say, I recently finally managed to get the words out. Many times I’ve called them on the phone ( I live in Western Africa, they in the States ) and the awkward silence happened where I tried to say it and then I had to invent something to justify the long silence.
    It’s like a band-aid. Just in one motion.