1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow, that was classy.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SRSLYMARK, Jun 4, 2008.

1. SRSLYMARK

Dear emptyclosets.com:

PEOPLE PISS ME OFF! :O

Okay, where to begin...

Well, there was this boy. His name was Steven. We really liked each other, even though he's not necessarily my type. The only thing that was holding me up from making it into a real relationship was that I knew we wanted different things out of the relationship. I like romance, cuddling, being cute, etc., while he seemed to be looking for a much more private, low-key kind of thing, but at the same time had plans to move into sex pretty quickly, which I'm not exactly okay with.

Additionally, he was becoming more and more whiny and rude to me for no apparent reason. And, to top it ALL off, he was talking trash about my best friend, Breanna, who he called a "fag-hag" and other demeaning terms. (Note that I am very much a "Hoes before Bros" kind of guy. I won't be with a guy who isn't cool with my homegirls.)

So, as time went on things began to feel very strained, and the time came that I had to tell him that a relationship between us wasn't going to happen. So, I did just that, and I did so in the most polite, gentle way I could, even though I knew he wasn't going to be happy.

He wasn't, to say the least.

He FREAKED OUT, went to a bunch of my friends and started threatening to beat me up, CONTINUED to talk trash about Breanna, and was being all-around insufferable. At this point, I couldn't even empathize with his plight, because he was being so incredibly immature and childish about the situation. However, I knew that he needed space and did nothing to fan the flames.

Then, later that night, I find out that he's spreading rumors that I did what I did so I could be with Nick, and old flame who I don't feel like talking about. He has absolutely no evidence to back up his claim, and now, I am ready to DESTROY him.

I don't actually know what kind of advice I'm searching for...I just want him to stop adding insult to his own injury, because he is managing to really upset a lot of my friends, who I know are going to start confronting him if he continues his anti-SRSLYMARK campaigns.

Gosh, I hate people. :bang:

</rant>

2. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

Lol. Well its probably not funny to you but it will be when you look back on it.

Just confront him a little less nicely about how you feel about him.

If he wants to fight you then kick his butt... well that wouldn't really be worth it. But maybe threatten him a little. lol

3. LOVEjames

... :confused: I'm beginning to wonder if my life as a 15 year old was really as drama filled as I thought it was.

4. Leigh

Leigh Guest

wowzer!!! that is harsh!!!

i think its wkd u put your friends before relationships, and its good you got friends around you,

my advice is to just calm down and let the situation blow over, then you can tell your story--- then everyone will see that hes just some kid with an attitude who cant handle rejection and you are the mature one.

5. davo-man

I think I said this in another thread, but it applies here as well...Well, some wise person said something along the lines of:

"Today's newspapers wrap tomorrow's hot chips"

Basically meaning that what people are talking about today, they're gunna forget about tomoro cos they will have moved on. So the basic advice I'd give to you is let it blow over, just ignore him and eventually he'll get over his little angsty problem. And if anyone confronts you about the rumours just deny them and tell them that Steve was just trying to get back at you or something.

You're friends won't care, esp if you tell them what's going on (which I suspect you already have)

Hope it all goes alright

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know the players of the game, other than how you introduced them. But if Steven came to me, talking trash about your female friend, threatening to beat you up...and THEN told me that you "dumped" him to hook back up with Nick, guess what? I doubt I'd believe him much. I'd think "this guy's out to hurt Mark - if not by his fists, then by his words."

Just stay calm. If someone asks you about it all, or brings it up, don't get defensive. Just say, "It became clear we had really different ideas on what a relationship between us would be, so I thought it best not to start one." End of story.

But stay in groups for a while in case he DOES decide to fight.

Lex

7. Beebo

You sound like an awesome person.

I think that you should be the better man, and not lower yourself to his level to "DESTROY" him. Although I found that very funny.

Keep on doing what you are doing. :grin: So Far You are handeling like a pro.

8. SRSLYMARK

It seems like the situation should be getting better soon. Thank you for all of the support. :slight_smile: