1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightmare

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Skov, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Skov

So, last night I literally had a nightmare about coming out. It was really terrible. In the dream, I told one of my best friends that I am gay (I'm planning on telling her IRL soon which is probably why I had the dream). I'm fairly certain she'll react very positive, but in the dream she just went ape-shit crazy and outed me to like everyone, even my really homophobic friends. It was at that point I woke up. I think this is a sign I need to get this off my chest haha

2. Nick07

hmm, I did this "haha" too. But then my bad dream about coming out came true to the last bit.

What about mentioning some LBGT news to see how she will react? Or telling her that you have this good friend, how happens to be gay, and he...

But if you already tried that know what she thinks about it, go for it. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I wouldn't really worry about having had the dream. You already know that your friend would react well and most likely be supportive. I'm sure your coming out will go well. :slight_smile:

4. Skov

So, I told her tonight and it went really well. I just feel a lot better because she's the last friend I come out to before family. Thanks guys!

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Glad that it went so well and that you feel you have overcome the last hurdle before coming out to your family. Hope your coming out journey continues to go so well. :slight_smile:

6. Skov

Thanks! Next... my sister.

7. Nick07

Congratulations! :slight_smile: