1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to best mate?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MIngram, Oct 19, 2013.

1. MIngram

I have started to come to terms with my sexuality. I am a mostly gay man but who stills finds the odd female attractive. I mostly find tall muscular men attractive, being around them makes me feel safe for some reason.

Anyway I have fancied my one best mates for over a year now and I am finding it harder and harder to suppress my emotions. To the point I think he may be starting to suspect my attraction to him. Whenever I see him I cannot help but check him out the entire time and talk about his weight lifting and muscles. He is a gym rat so he enjoy talking about his body and his gym activities so I mostly got away with it.

One night I quite drunk and I got quite 'touchy' (kept asking him to flex and for me to sqeeze his muscles) which he thought was a joke but after a few flexes he got a little annoyed and said something like "you been acting very gay recently, into my muscles?", so naturally after a micro second of pure fear I laughed it off and said i was just being annoying and said sorry.

I think he bought it and our friendship hasn't changed but still it was a close call. So what I am asking is should I seriously consider telling him I find him attractive? I am worried he will stop the friendship. Really don't know what to do...

PS. Any gay men out there, if you saw this guy you would understand: 6'4 (foot taller than myself haah), big muscles, washboard abs, ripped to shreds, he has it all.

Thanks

2. Data

Data Guest

If he's straight, he'll never love you back. Sorry, but it's truer then true.

If there is a chance he's gay, it could be worth it. You then have to leverage the possible romance against losing your friendship. Is it worth the risk?

What if when he asked you if you liked his muscles, you said yes? Would he have freaked out or wpuld he take it as a compliment?

If he would've freaked, a confession won't go well. If he would've been flattered, then the risk is decreased but not eliminated. Again, if he's straight it won't matter.