1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with my best friend, but I'm not sure if he's gay.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Arbogast, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Arbogast

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay. I've known this guy for about 14 years (we're both 17 now) and recently I'm head over heels for him, though we've only got closer five years ago. My situtation is somewhat complicated. For years I've had severe depression combined with panic attacks, which turned my life into a very... unpleasant experience. The thing is, he's really helping me through this year, it is like his presence makes me forget about everything that's ever happenned, and since July I've realized that I'm madly in love with him.

I've always known that I am attracted to men, and he knows it (until somewhat around march this year, we used to have regular foreplay - with no penetration whatsoever). The thing is, ever since we've stopped doing that, he's sort of recriminating some of the things I do, like using ":3" and using the word "cute" because he think that's gay.

Now he has a girlfriend - though I'm pretty positive that she's a gold digger, because he is wealthy and she only started to talk to him after he posted his photos of his trip to Paris, among many other reasons.

Our relationship now is that kind of homossexuality that's common with good friends, though I'm not sure if he's hitting on me. Three days ago he came over my place to watch a movie, and when it ended we went to my building's rooftop to smoke. He stared at me romantically and said "this is such a beautiful place to kiss you right now". I'm not sure if it was because of the environment, but I'm pretty sure he was serious. Then when he was leaving he took the back of my hand and kissed it while staring me with that same romantic look in his eyes (made me melt on the inside). There are some days that he likes when I sit on his lap and stay hugged, and there are others that he doesn't, and this all makes me EXTREMELY confused.

tldr: I'm in love with my best friend, but I can't risk our relationship because my entire emotional stability is based on it, though I'm not sure if he's gay.

I really need some advice, I don't know if he's gay or if he's just being straight.
    I'm sorry if there's typos or something that isn't clear, I'm from Brazil and it's been a long time since I've written a text this long in english.

---------- Post added 20th Oct 2013 at 06:18 PM ----------

Now that I've realized that it's in the wrong section, if a mod would move it to the right one it would be much appreciated.

#1 Arbogast, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  2. CheesyGoose

The way I see it is that he probably has some feelings for you. I mean, if he's seriously talking about kissing you and you sit on his lap and everything, then those are some signs. In my opinion, build up the courage to sit down with him and have a serious talk with him. Ask him everything that is on your mind and figure out where you two stand. Solve the issue. It can go well or it can be a failure, but at least you will have tried. And it will make you stronger no matter the outcome.

So yeah, just ask him, talk to him and you'll get all the answers you need. I wish you the best :slight_smile:

3. JDG

JDG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hes definitely gay or bisexual. I wouldn't go there if he has a girlfriend though! And he is being completely dishonest to her

4. Arbogast

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the tips guys :slight_smile:
    I really want to tell him that I love him, but I'm terrified to think that he might overreact.
    I don't really think that he is being dishonest, I don't like his girlfriend at all anyway haha
    It's not because she's poor, but I think it's suspicious.
    I've went to a rock concert with them, and while he was hugging and kissing her, she was there with an assface, as if completely ignoring that he was there.
    I feel that he likes to be with her, but she doesn't care to be with him. That and the suspicious timing of her approach just makes me soo mad at her.

5. Arbogast

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh God. Yesterday he said that our proximity while watching tv was "distressful", yet a few hours ago he hugged me and intensively rubbed his bulge against me. I seriously don't know what to do anymore D:

6. romeogonewild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Please write an update on how things are now with you... I'm soo curious

7. Aaron82

Aaron82 Guest

He's gay:d You should to talk to him. Tell him what you feel. It's only way to find out what he want. Maybe he is scared.