1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflicted...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by inmyfantasy, Oct 20, 2013.

1. inmyfantasy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I have this relatively new lesbian friend who's very open. She seems very comfortable with me, and that makes me happy. But she seems to think I'm straight and has even mentioned it a few times, and for some reason I can never bring myself to correct her. Usually I have no problem telling people, but for some reason I seem to think it may cause her to look at me differently, or to not be as comfortable around me, or... I dunno, something.

I really feel like I should just suck it up and do it, but it's just really difficult for some reason. Any advice?

2. LD579

Likely if you told her, she'd be completely accepting and would understand what you're going through, at least to a large extent. It wouldn't hurt to really keep that in mind, as obvious as it may be. As for how to do so... as long as you're ready, and as long as you're comfortable, any way that works for you should be absolutely fine. Texting, in-person, facebook message... Any of those should be fine, honestly.

3. mvjp

i think you should come out to her lest it be more awkward if you leave it too long or she finds out your sexuality from someone else and then becomes awkward with you because she feels lied to - personally i think that would be harder to fix

that said i got so nervous i came out to my nearest and dearest via text -it sounds like in this situation face to face would be more appropriate but whatever works for you x

4. inmyfantasy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's very true and kind of scary. I really don't want her to feel like I'm lying or trying to keep things from her...

The next time we're together and it comes up I'll try my hardest to say something. I just hope I don't chicken out. Bah, it would be so much easier if she would just ask, but I don't really see that happening...

5. mvjp

a teacher once said to me

i never promised you this is gonna be easy what i can say is in the end itll be worth it

good luck