1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm really confused, and it's messing with my life:/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Meggymoo71, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Meggymoo71

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, I'm Megan, I just joined this site because lately I've been very confused about my sexuality. I'm 18, and a freshman in college living away from home for the first time. All this emotional distress has significantly impacted my success at school. So, here's my story...up until now, I've had a few sexual encounters with females, but i always wrote it off as something I did for fun, usually while drunk, or to please my boyfriend. Then I started to really like this girl. I find my self both physically and emotionally attracted to her. She's straight, but she wants to try "experimenting" next time I come home from school. Since realizing that I have a total crush on her, I've found my eyes wandering towards a lot more females. I find myself staring at girl's butts or boobs and I like it. I've always considered myself to be straight and this confuses me. I'm not sure if I'm gay, or bi, or if this is just some kind of phase. I'm trying to decide whether I should talk to my mom about it. I am usually pretty open with my mom, and I think she would be accepting, but I don't know it's necessary that she knows while I'm still trying to figure things out. Any advice? I'm really struggling with this:/

2. Waffles

Hey there, welcome to EC! :3

It without a doubt sounds like there is some physical attraction to women~ If you feel that this attraction is genuine, then my advice to you is this: I would say that before you mention anything to your mother, ask yourself how far you would go with a girl (then ask the same about how far with a boy). This is a question in which the answer requires some digging and soul examining, so don't be discouraged if you can't get an answer right away. Once you figure that out, and if you feel you could genuinely date another girl, then maybe that is when you try to experiment for your own reasons (and preferably sober?).

If you enjoy the encounter and you genuinely can see yourself with a girl, then THAT is when I would say to talk with your mom. After all, last thing you wanna do is accidently jump the gun and come out and then realize afterwards you don't like women that way. DX

Keep us posted! Stay strong! ^^