1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay... I am scared... Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beebo, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Beebo

My dad is acting the way that he was acting before he was on his medicin... and like... for the last two weeks, he has been saying the meanest most degrading things to me, and he has been so mean to my mom, telling her to quit the job she loves...............

Both my parents have a disease called Hypothyroidism, my dad has it way worse... and like... he is in the other room yelling at my mom for no reason as I write this... and its scaring the hell out of me.

He's just told me he wants me out of the house in a week, unless I find another job... which I have been trying to do so much, but I just have no luck... and if he kicks me out... I wont be able to finish my online course to get into univerisity....

:'(... helpppp what do I do...

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    If you feel unsafe, maybe you need to go to a friends house for awhile. Call home later and talk to your mom and see if things have calmed down before coming home again.

3. Beebo

hes been drinking..... and like... my mom is leaving, and I am going to be alone with him... ahh.

like... I think I should leave.

4. jazzrawr

I agree with Becky...you should stay with someone you trust until you think things have clamed down, or you can make other plans.

hope everything goes ok! <3

5. Beebo

Im at the library now. thanks guys.

6. Jeimuzu

*hug* Mike, I totally agree. When I once had a blazing row with my dad, I went to my best mate's house for the day, and let things cool themselves down.

7. panda

Alcohol and your fathers hypothyroidism sounds like a dangerous combination .Please be careful.

8. Beebo

kay, Im back home, and he seems to have settled down... but ya... does anyone have any advice for if it happens again?

9. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Well the best thing I can advice you is to listen to Becky. It is hard and it is nowhere pleasant, but you can't be there if he keeps acting that way.

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah Beebo, watch for the warning signs and get out. It might be good for you to attend Al-Anon meetings.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep an eye out. If you see him slipping that direction, head out. Grab a sandwich and soda, your iPod, laptop, whatever, and get out of the house. Go to a friend's house, a coffee shop, anywhere else for awhile.

Lex

12. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you talked to your mum and discussed the possiblity he is off his meds?

13. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! I agree with what has been said above. As Becky and Lex said, if it happens again maybe it would be a good idea to leave the house. As Lex said grab whatever you need. I hope it will never come to this, but do you have a friend where you could stay over night if need be? And as joeyconnick was suggesting, maybe talk to your mom to make sure your dad is still taking his medicine. Hope all goes well for you.

14. Beebo

Thanks a lot guys. Its so reassuring to know people here are looking out for me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think maybe my parents Marriage might be in jeopardy. My dad was going to bed after yelling at my mom, and
    she was like, "should I come to bed",
    and he was like, "I dont see the point".
    O_O all right in front of me.

I will def not stay around here if this happens again...

At least they are in bed... I can clear my head.

15. Gumtree

No one is obliged to stay in a home where they feel unsafe or unhappy by any means.

Unless he changes then you need to leave permanently, while i agree with what the other's said about going to friends house or somewhere safe for a while to let things calm down that is only a short term solution; you can't come to a home knowing it wont be happy and welcoming for long.

Your parents marriage and relationship is by no means your fault or something u should be worrying about; i know it would be a hard thing for all of you if your parents split but its not your responsibility to keep their happiness or them together.

Good luck :slight_smile:

16. jocr92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    what is this disease, maybe if i have more info, i may be able to help

17. Jim1454

Mike - In a crisis situation, you can certainly stay with me. I'll PM you my cell number.

(*hug*)

18. Paladin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Beebo: Talk to me. I know now that, even at your age, things at home can be real tough. I just happened to come on to this site, and I was surprised that you were in such an unpleasant place. So, if you can face me, maybe I can find some way to help. "Smarty-Pants" Dan, also your friend, may make some suggestions. But, god friend, doen't despair. I've had problems with my family, when I was a kid (let's see, that was last century), and I never resolved all the problems but I found ways to change my perspective. PALADIN

19. LowestVocal017

Ouch!! That is colder than ice! :frowning2:

Beebo, I'm really sorry to hear what's going on. My parents seem to face a similiar dilemma, although it's not as bad as this. My dad seem to always tell us offsprings of his, "At first, I really only married your mom because of her good looks and charming personality." How low is that, and why is he tell US that?? He is an impatient brute and he mistreats my mom verbally everytime she doesn't understand the things he tells her to do he looses his tempers over the littlest thing. My dad and mom have nothing in common and act like a divorce is orderly.

Anyways, I really encourage the common advice of those who had replied before me: find a friend's house. The best thing to do is to start now with explaining to your one of friend your situation at home and how it's causing you a downfall. Continue to talk about it with him or her so that he or she know that your situation is a regular. Don't forget to mention along the way that you may need somewhere to stay in the future. It opens up the possibility that it might just be his or her house.

LOL! Or, you can consider the option of staying at my place here in my college town!! haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: