1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure on how to go about this

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Daniel777, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Daniel777

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I want to tell my gf that I don't want to be this person her and everyone else wants me to be. I am tired of pretending to be this anymore. I want to be able to show how feel and not be afraid to cry or tell people how I feel and that I like guys. our relationship isn't and hasn't been very good since we moved into got our own place. we have a two an nine month old son together. I have tried so hard to make it work but I just can't feel like myself and happy. I feel so horrible trying to think about what she we feel like. but I don't feel that I can be this person for her. I want to finally stop telling myself that you can't be that way you have to like girls. She can be very angry and spiteful when she is upset and I don't want her to hate me. I love my son and I don't want him to be took away from me. I just don't know what to do or how to even think anymore.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried breaking off my engagement a few months before the marriage. I knew then that there were issues about her that I didn't think were going to change. She was so devastated that I relented and gave her back the ring. It is the one move in my life that I regret the most. Twenty years later, here I am, back to square one.

Short-term nastiness is vastly superior to 20 years of misery.

I hope there are laws for common-law relationships about custody that will let you have your son in shared parenting

3. mascguyslife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you are unhappy then why live in your current lifestyle. You will always have your son in your life because you did nothing wrong. If you tell her the truth that you like men and would like to work something out. She might stay friendly with you. Your son will always be your son though and he will want you in your life. You just can't live a lifestyle if you are lying to yourself.