1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do anymore

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HausOfCamilia, Oct 21, 2013.

1. HausOfCamilia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, so last year I came out to my cousin and to one of my twitter friend (I've never met him in person). And they've been really accepting. Actually the reason why I chose to come out to them is that I already knew they weren't homophobic so I was sure they wouldn't judge me. But the thing is I wanna come out to one of my best friend but I'm too scared because I just don't know how she's gonna react at all. And I'm scared that she'll think I'm in love with her or stuff like that. And I just don't know how to tell her. I can't just come out to her and say "hey I'm a lesbian". So yeah I'm lost. And I haven't come out to my parents either but I don't think I'm ever gonna come out to them and if I do it'll be in a few years. Anyway, please tell me if you got any advice or if you're in the same situation, cause really anything would be helpful ! Thanks :slight_smile:

2. rin101

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best advice is to tell your friend. Having the support of a best friend can mean a lot, believe me. And you don't have to sit her down and say "hey I'm a lesbian." Try picking a time when you're hanging out together, and the friend connection's A+ strong, then say, "Hey, so you're my best friend, and there's something I want to tell you." Make sure she gives you lots of time to say what you need, then let her reply honestly. Chances are, she'll be super accepting. If someone doesn't accept you for who you are, they weren't your friend in the first place.
    As for your parents, I'd wait until after highschool, depending on your situation. I really want to come out to mine, but I have outside circumstances, and I've decided I can wait til I graduate. The only reason I recommend waiting is because I don't know your situation, and I've heard too many stories of LGBT people being kicked out of their homes to support putting someone else out on the streets. But, if you think it'll be alright, go for it! Good luck, friend :grin:

3. HausOfCamilia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think what you said is the best thing to do, cause I can't stand lying to her anymore. I'm gonna try to come out to her in a few weeks.
    Thanks a lot for your advice! :slight_smile:

4. lovely lesbian

5. HausOfCamilia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all