1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I broke up with my girlfriend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Jun 5, 2008.

1. MusicIsLife

so much for that. Its weird cause i feel kinda...releived?

For a while i was planning to do it, i know i didnt love her like she loved me, but i was so scared that she would refuse to be my friend afterwards, so i never did it.

what brought it on was over the past 2 days we've been arguing about money...my money. She was an online gf, and she thought that it wasnt fair that she has to save all the money to come and see me first, when i should have money and go and see her first. She makes more money than me, i have a credit card bill [which i take full responsibility for, im not saying that wasnt my fault] and i pay for my own phone and groceries and such. plus i make less than her, and im applying to a school thats gonna cost me 13 000$ if i get in. i think my priorities lie in paying off my bill and paying for school not seeing her.

anyway, today we were arguing via text messages during my break, and then i was like: oh whatever and put my phone away. i didnt wanna have to putup with this crap just before going back to work. So then when i finished, i was walking down the sidewalk towards the bus, and i read through her texts she sent me. my last text to her was something like, can we just stop this now? im sick of fighting. and then she went like: NO you cant just drop this like it never happened, blah blah blah. im gonna argue about it, deal.

so my response was: I'll deal like this: fuck off. leave me alone. I dont wanna speak to you, i dont wanna hear from you, goodbye.

and i havent heard from her since. Its strange, i just feel so...releived. Happy. Like, thank God i did it.

yea, i just needed to share :slight_smile:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you should leave it just like that. Because, oddly, your last message could be read as something typed in a fit of anger. She may be waiting for you to calm down, and then thinks you'll be set to pick up where you left off.

If you DO want to end this - and it seems like you do - make it final. Call her.

Lex

3. MusicIsLife

I'll see. if it comes to where it looks like she is thinking that, i will call her. but if it seems like she got the message, then im not gonna contact her if i dont have to.

4. Trumpetplyer23

I do agree with Lex, things like that might be seen as something that happened during a fit of anger. She probably is waiting for you to cool down.

However, this is where my advice differs from Lex's. I'd wait for her to call you, then break up with her then if that's what you truly want to do.

5. Trent13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same i agree with Lex his has good advice