1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not able to deny bing gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Today4U, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Today4U

Whenever someone asks me if I'm gay, I feel like I can't say no. But then again, if I'm not ready to tell, I can't say yes either. I feel like it would be wrong to say no, because then it seems like I'm ashamed to be gay, but I'm not. One time, the worst time this happened, I just froze up. I couldn't say anything. I was just like "Uhhh..." then I smiled. Wow. Awkward. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. otc877

otc877 Guest

I find it hard to lie blatantly to people's faces. Having said that, the only time i've ever been asked if I was gay I said no. :slight_smile:

Mostly because of the tone in which she asked... I had just met her and we were walking to class together when one of my friend comes up and calls me Queer-o (we have an inside joke where we call each other queer-o and butch face respectively, don't know how it started, little does she know...) so the girl overhead and asked if i was gay. I said no without even batting an eye. I was surprised at myself.

But, other than that one time I've never been asked I am gay, so I don't really know

3. revolutionrock

I really don't like lying in general, so it's really hard sometimes. I don't get asked a lot, but it's happened enough times that I've learned to just sort of beat around the bush and inconspicuously change the subject.

Hah, one time, when asked if I was straight (what an odd thing to ask...), I replied "mostly." That's as close as I've come so far. How lame.

:slight_smile:

4. hoping

no one really asks if im gay but i dont hide it so if they asked i think i would say yes

5. Gumtree

I think once a person accepts and knows their sexuality themselves that it become really hard to deny it when asked.

Inside us all there is some urge for people to know we are gay (assuming we accept it) as well as a moral objection to lying to someone face to bluntly. But maybe the fear of word spreading or of rejection holds us back. One day you will be able to just say 'Yes', then you know you are out! :slight_smile:

6. KaraBulut

It depends on who is asking and why they're asking.

If it is someone that you want to know, "Yes" or "Mostly" are good answers.

If it is someone that you don't want to know, you can say "Are you?" or "Why? Are you interested in me?" or "Nunya bizness".

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoa, i totally need to start using that. :grin:

Don't worry OP, i'm the same. When my grandma hinted it all i could do was look at the floor saying nowt. I couldn't deny it but i wasn't about to go and confirm it either. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That was an awkward moment. >.<