1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think I should go out to anyone of my family???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ill Never Marry, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Ill Never Marry

My family? No. I don't really want to go out and tell them anything. They are all so religious. My parents threaten to throw us out of the house for anything! I'm honestly a bit scared of going out to them...They are all old-fashioned. Thinking that a man should be the one doing decisions for the whole family...*Sigh*

Friends at school? I guess. I think I could tell them...But what if our friendship goes all wibbly-wobbly (Doctor 10!) ? Really. What if they no longer want to be my friends? I mean, I know a few that may be okay with it but...the rest?

My childhood friend? Already taken care of. I told her, but she doesn't really believe me...so, I don't think that's counted as 'going out' successfully. She tells me that I'm lying and blah blah blah. Seriously? Why would I lie about that?!

2. Ill Never Marry

I really don't know what to do.

What I'm asking is...Should I tell my parents sometime now? Or after I'm stable enough and in Uni or something? Since I'm still a minor.

3. Skov

If you think they'd throw you out, it might be better to wait until you are stable on your own.

4. js28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd agree with this.

Do you know what life is like for LGBT people in Qatar? Would you feel safe coming out?

5. Ill Never Marry

Well...I think maybe if I'm stable...?

Qatar is...not so friendly with anyone who isn't straight. I know a few friends that are okay with every kind of person. But I didn't tell them about me, don't really know how.
    I don't particularly feel safe in coming out in Qatar...Some of the people here are so judgmental about this. I even have to go through hearing my family's point ofviewabout gays and such. I hope my small brother doesn't turn out like them...