1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's like i'm all alone!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alex, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Alex

Probably going to be a long post...
    Lately i have just felt like no one really cares about me, the only people i talk to are from EC and my parents and since i am on vacation and live far away from my old school i have nothing to do.

Yesterday i promised myself i'd go swimming today because i love swimming, but it's like everything i want to do i just give up on. Like i have an exam next week that would well, cost me 600$ to fail, and i still havent read a single line for it even though i have had 2 months to do it. It's like the days just passes without anything happening really.

I mean when my parents are working i just sit at my room all day, doing random stuff instead of doing something that i really like.
    It's like no one even loves me, well i know people do but, i just can't seem to find it anywhere.

I just wish summer vacation was over so i could begin at my new school and just talk to people and make friends, currently i can count 1 friend, and she lives 100km away which is 1.5 hours by train.
    And like writing this i just feel that i should get myself together and not be so damn sorry for myself or something.

I just wanted to cry all yesterday and nearly did (maybe that was the movie...) and i was nearly doing so while writing with someone on msn.
    Maybe its just because my parents were going to Celine Dion concert and didn't even bother asking me if i wanted to go, i've just felt all down and wanted to cry even though i never do.

I dont even know what the problem is... im just down. And i simply can't find anything right now to be happy about.

2. Trent13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get times like that but what get me up is choc or sleeping and talking to friends but i woundn't know what to do if you where 100KM away from ur mates..

i woish i could help sorry dude i hope you get some excitment because im reather down latly because off school trying to hide my gayness from people who hate me and running away from the slut who scars me..

i wish i could help but it looks like we both need advice..

3. NoLeafClover

This sucks. Try and be comforted by the idea that there is someone all the way across the world that feels the same way. You're alone, but you're not. Loneliness is a shitty thing to endure, but make an effort to keep your head up - try and keep your mind occupied with things that normally keep your interest. It might seem like everything you'll try just gets glazed over with those bad feelings, but keep trying, and take note that you are trying.

Believe that you will be happy again.

=)

4. Paladin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alex... You got on my case before when I suggested that you were bored. You snippy little fellow! Listen, your telling the world that you are bored, lonely and unloved might relieve some of your pain, and that's good, but if you can't get rid of these feelings you can get some help from the family doctor, who can prescribe some mild medication. This is probably not an easy thing to do under your circumstances. IF I were your fathet, I'd send you off to a canoe camp in Canada for a month or so. You would get used to the paddling. You'd bitch a bit, but you could make friends that woud be your buddies. You would learn how to catch lake trouts and salmon. You would love it. When I was akid in college I was the medic on these trips. It hurt like hell to paddle a canoe over lakes that were miles long, and doing portage over dams to get to the other side; but I'll never forget those trips and the guys I made fdriends with. I was a pre-med student at that time, (biology/pre-med student), and the forests, the animals (moose, black beasr, grizzlies, etc.), sleeping in the beautiful nights under stars with no other people from cities about. It was magnificent. 21 at the time. Now, you may not be able to do this Alex, and your summer may just roll around without much to do, but all we can do for you is to make suggestions, and to let you know that some of us care. And, lastly, if some of us here could be around you, I'm sure we would find some reason to like you, even become friends. Crying is not a bad thing. Turn it on for a while and feel for other guys like yourself who are lonely too and know that yoy are not alone. From a grouchy guy to another, Paladin

5. Malchik89

i know how you feel alex, the thing is i actually do have friends, just alot of the time it feels like they're 100 km away. My parents never pay too much attention to me, so half of the time im home alone feeling completely invisible. And due to recent events in my life, things aren't too cheery where im standing. But its life man, you just gotta keep living on, hoping for the future. I'll find that one someday, and so will you. Just take what you got and try to make the best of it :] I should probably be following my own advice about now

6. Alex

I just dont know what i should do other than maybe making an appointment at the doctor to get to talk to her, i can do that without telling anyone, she cant tell anyone and its free

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Alex, why don't you try some volunteer work somewhere? Maybe at the pool? This would get you out of the house, you might make some new friends, and you would be spending time doing something you like! Being in the water!

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Alex! I would follow Becky's advice. Volunteering is a good way to make new friends even if it is just for a short time period. Other than that, is there a group that you could join for the rest of the summer?

9. Alex

I have no idea if there is any volunteer work, if you by groups mean sports like football or the likes then of course there is.
    I just dont feel motivated to do anything, i just want to stay home all day doing nothing.

10. Jim1454

Hi Alex. I can understand you feeling lonely. You've just moved and you're alone all day while your parents are at work. Does'nt sound like much fun.

Set some goals for yourself though. Pick up that book you're supposed to read, and read just the first chapter. It sounds like you wanted to do this course, so stick with it and get it done.

Getting outside to do some kind of physical activity would be good too. Cycling or swimming or just going for a walk would do you good, even if you do those things by yourself. (Having just typed that, don't go swimming alone - you should always go with someone!) And you might actually meet someone when you're out from your new neighbourhood.

Here's a really corny suggestion... Maybe there's an elderly neighbour that could use some help with their yard or their garden. You'd be a hero to them if you were to help them out some time, and they'd be like a surrogate grandparent for you. (I could write screen plays for Disney I'm sure.) They might even have a really cute, gay, grandson that they could introduce you to! (Ok - that might be asking a little much...)

11. Alex

Well thanks for all the suggestions, i know reading that book would make me satisfied afterwards, but actually doing it is totally different.
    Swimming would be in a pool about a mile away, payed tickets etc. lifeguards..
    And i think the culture in the US is somewhat different with this volunteer work, very few people do that, we are very selfish, near to zero connection between neighbours, unless you need to borrow some salt, basically neighbours are there to annoy you, if i went to some house and asked if they needed some help they would think i was going to steal their stuff.
    Just had dinner with my parents, and talked (not about this.. just about stuff) and im not as sad as before.
    It's just like im all down and cant get together to actually do something.
    Then theres my uncle and his wife, they just divorced and shes having a depression now, she tried to kill herself by taking an overdose of pills, luckily she told him it and they went to the hospital.
    But i just dont want to make a great scene if i told anyone i know in real life about how i feel.
    I cant even be bothered to post anything on EC other than here... who would care anyway!

12. Jim1454

^ OK... I recognize that kind of thinking. You sound 'depressed' to me. Depression sends you off on trains of thought that are negative and usually not true. Ah! Just noticing that you have even chosen that for your 'mood'.

In a way, that's good! You're recognizing that you're depressed. Depression is something that doesn't last forever (at least it doesn't have to) and you can do something about it. Exercise - even if you really don't feel like doing it - would be good for you. Reading that bood - even if you really don't feel like doing it - would be good for you.

It's totally understandable that you ARE depressed. You've moved. You are missing your friends. You're likely a little nervous about making new ones. You're worried about your aunt, who is obviously having problems of her own. And because of that, you probably don't want to burden your parents either.

But your parents would want to know that you're unhappy. That you're feelling lonely. That you're having trouble motivating yourself. That you're feeling depressed. They love you and would want to help you in any way they could. I know not all parents are like that, but I believe most are. So it's ok to share some of this with them.

And just like the good times never last forever, nor do the bad times. Keep going. We're all rooting for you!

13. Alex

Well i dont excactly miss my "friends" i never did anything with them anyway, i just went to school with them. I have never had any "best" friends. The last 3 years my weekdays have consisted of going to school.. getting home.. be on the PC..eat..sleep. And then school next morning, and then the occasional vacation and family gathering...
    And i moved 3 years ago, my parents are divorced, i decided to change school because i wanted to live with my mom only and im happy i did that, i probably did it because i felt it would make me feel better when i lived close to everyone at my school. Before this i took the train 3 days a week 100km from my mom to get to school. It took 1.5 hours.
    And i know they would help me (or my mom whom i live with, my stepdad and little brother) but i just dont want to cause that much trouble..

14. Jim1454

Do you know how upset they'd be if they could read this? Alex, They would want to help you? Wouldn't you want to help them if they had a problem? I'm sure you would!

They would too. They'd WANT to help. I hope you reconsider talking to them.

15. Alex

It's just like theres nothing im good at im just mediocre at everything. Last time i went to soaring, i did really well i was told, and thats like the most happy i have felt in a long time, and now wednesday 2 days ago i just didnt go there, dont know why, just told my mom there was nothing that week, she asked me if i wanted to come to the beach tomorrow, and go soaring sunday and i know id probably have loads of fun going, i just want to stay home and do nothing.
    And i actually cried earlier this day, havent done that for a long time, and it was like.. kind of a relief doing it.
    I dont even feel like eating anything aswell. Nor masturbating for that matter :/
    I just sit listening to Celine Dion for the last few days or watch tv.

#15 Alex, Jun 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  16. Alex

And if i was going to talk to someone i am going to call my doctor without anyone knowing and to talk to her... she cant tell anyone and its free anyway.
    And what if all this just goes away when i begin at my new school in 2 months?

#16 Alex, Jun 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  17. sdc91

You should talk to your doctor if you want to do that.

I think you just feel couped in inside the house. I'd take Jim's advise and go outside and run or swim. I always feel much better if I'm depressed after I exercise. It just releases a lot of stress for me and makes me feel good about myself because I did something productive.

Maybe you should try limiting your computer time, too. Sometimes I make a list of things to do and I don't let myself touch the computer until I do everything on the list.

18. Alex

Maybe it would be good seeing a doctor, but it would just get all sorts of stuff in motion, i mean if i could just get these 2 months to pass by forcing me to do the stuff i like, and then beginning at the new school might solve everything.
    All this is just so annoying.

19. Alex

Maybe i am just making a big thing out of something because i dont have many people to talk to, i think im going to try and really promise myself to be with anyone when i can, like not going to my room when parents are home even though its what i want to, and get out of the house, and get that stuff read. I know it would make me feel much better, like its an accomplishment.
    Notice though that i wasnt like this at all before vacation started, I think staying home might just be like, you know.. filling my head up and making me think about everything and over-analyze stuff.

20. theaterfreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    dude, i don't know you or anything but at least your first post sounds alot like what i go through sometimes. i have spent like a month in my room never leaving it and sometimes it's like i don't have the energy to get out of bed. and then there are other days when i'm great. hyper and on this amazing high. if you are like me then you need to see a doctor. i'm bipolar and i have to take meds and stuff but i don't have this really bad lows/ or at least not as bad as i used to. idk, i don't have a psych. degree but it might help to talk to somebody.