1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Screwed Over by School

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Trumpetplyer23, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Trumpetplyer23

:dry: My schedule for school next year is in a lot of conflict. And I have to make a damn decision.

First, I might not be able to take Algebra 2 because of French 2 and Biology Honors. Not that I would mind.

Second, I might not be able to take French 2 because of Biology and Algebra and English 10 Honors!!!

Third, I might not be able to take band because of Biology.

Someone, please shoot me.

Advice. Please?

NOTE: I don't want to drop Band, French 2, Biology Honors, or English 10 honors.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ugh....is there a counselor at school that can help you sort this all out?

3. Trumpetplyer23

Yeah.. I just need to make a choice.

4. Helen

Helen Guest

Well, if I was in your position, I would take any measure necessary to not drop band. For any reason whatsoever. Ever.

But that's because I eat, sleep, live and breathe music.

I don't understand how a school can organise itself like that, to be honest. It's very unfair on the students, if they have to give up a subject that they love. Then again, I've been in a British education system all my life, so I don't have that kind of problem.

5. Trumpetplyer23

...They decided that 2 French 2 classes were too many, if they hadn't I'd be perfectly fine and might even have a free period. But no!

My schedule is the only one that this has happened to :dry:

I'm talking to my mom when she gets home, but I thought I'd get some input from you guys.

6. Helen

Helen Guest

Yeah, the best thing you can do is get your mum involved, and she can ring up the school, and make a huge fuss until her darling daughter gets what she wants ^__^

Works every time :slight_smile:

On a more serious note, you don't need to figure this out all yourself, teachers are there to help you, the best thing you can do is talk to them about it.

7. Trumpetplyer23

Yeah, my mom is the kind of mom (love her to death, btw) who would call up the school and yell at them. She almost blew a gasket when I told her I got an 'intend-to-suspend'. It was funny though *reminisces*

I'll probably drop Algebra 2, I've had the teacher who teaches that before and she's a bad teacher.

8. Trumpetplyer23

Oh my god. I'm so fucking pissed off right now...I called my school conselour. The problem with my screwed up schedule could have been solved if he would have let me drop down to Geometry and take it in my FREE period. Well, I can't do that because I've already taken Geometry....which is utter bullshit because when my friend came from her old school, she had already taken Algebra I, so she should have been in my Geometry class. They lied to her and told her that the class was full when there were two empty seats in the class...

How do morons get in charge?

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try sorting several hundred students into up to eight classes out of a possible several hundred.

Now try doing it while making sure everyone is in the "correct" classes.

Now try doing it without pissing anyone off.

Best of luck with that. :slight_smile:

Yeah, the problem with taking honors and other "non-mainstream" courses is that there's often only one or two times to take them. I remember wanting to take three math classes one semester. All three of them were offered second period. ONLY.

About all you can do is prioritize. THIS class is the most important to me, so that one's set in stone. Then start filling in the other ones around it. Something is bound to be left by the wayside.

Lex

10. Trumpetplyer23

I don't think I'd be so mad if it happened to others, but I'm the only one this happened to. They just plug in a few numbers on a computer and it spits on a schedule... that's it.

My conselour told me I could take a study hall instead of a math class, then take my math class my junior year. I'm already (technically) a year ahead of my classmates in math, plus, I already have 2 credits.

11. Trumpetplyer23

Okay! I am so happy right now I could give you all cookies!

I called my school conselour (again) today, and I told him I wanted to take a study hall instead of math. So, then I asked him if I could move my history class to my study period and he said yes. Then, I asked him if I could get into Journalism (a class I've always wanted) and he said yeah, I just have to put it in here. The teacher will be estatic to have you.

I'm in Journalism! Dancing banana time!!!! (!) (!) (!) (!)