1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family Problems

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by theskyiseverywhere, Oct 23, 2013.

1. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So today my mom asked me if I was gay. I said no, and we had a long conversation about it. The reason why this happened is because I asked someone that if I was gay would they date me and they said yes. This was over text, and she reads my texts. I wanted to come out over text, but now I can't because she reads them. So she seemed supportive of gay people, but she would still rather me be straight, because it's an easier life for me. It made me feel like she knew, and U felt awkward. I feel really wierd now. What shall I do?

2. tommyj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How was she when she asked you? Did you get a sense that she would accept it if you would have said yes? I don't know for sure, but it seems like she might know already and it might be good to let her know, even that you may be unsure or curious. Again it's hard to tell. Just my thoughts.

3. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She said that she would always love me no matter what, and that she would never kick me out. She would rather me be straight though. But it made me uncomfortable...