1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it true

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Boston, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Boston

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really confident about my sexuality but I'm not out yet only my friends know. I was talking to one of my friends who is out and he said that he was confident too but everything changes when you actually come out. Is it true that your confidence shatters when you come out?

I plan on coming out in a few months or so I don't know. I just know I'll come out this year or next. When I do I want to talk to my principal about making a lgbt club at school and having an assembly (where I speak) about anti gay bullying.

Ps I've never cared what other people thought about me but Im afraid that it will hurt me somehow because kids can be cruel. Any advice or personal stories will be appreciated.

Thanks for reading this :slight_smile:

2. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The way you speak about being proud of who you are doesn't sound like your confidence will be shattered. People are cruel all the time and are always going to talk shit. If they start talking about you leave them be don't give them the satisfaction of an reaction because that's all their looking for. Only time you need to worry is if they get physical with you because unfortunately people still get hurt physically just for being gay. If it ever comes down to that make sure you find someone to help you. Oh and congrats on accepting yourself, planning on coming out, and wanting to make a change at your school. That takes a lot of courage. Be proud because you are amazing. Good luck with the LGBT club.