1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job o.o

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tim, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Ok, so as some of you know, I just got a job, and today is my POS Training. Now, everything was good and dandy, I get trained how to do my specific job on sunday. Then today I wake up, my mom tells me work called. I now work TODAY RIGHT after POS training, and tomorrow, for 7 hours. All before I learn to do my specific job. I understand my sister is the supervisor, so they can ask her if I can do it, but I can't believe she actually told them yes before she asked me -.- So now I'm majorly stressed on how the hell I'm supposed to do what I need to before being taught how to -.- So... sorry, just needed to vent, I understand this will happen more, but anyone know why a store would book you for hours before you get taught how to do your specific job? >.>

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This happens all the time, I think. I guess they expect you to learn on the job. Anyway, good luck! I hope it goes well for you!

3. Tim

Tim

Yea, I know it happens all the time (some people quit, and they asked all the employees, but no one could do it, so they resorted to trainees, and me, being the first, and asked my sister, as she was already there -.-). But now it's causing unneeded stress :S Just hoping it goes well today lol, 8 hour workday :S This should be fun lol.

4. Tim

Tim

Haha, so my feet are soooo sore and I have another 9 hour shift today... fun fun. Then another 8 hour shift on sunday, and then monday off... then I have shifts all through next week -.- I BETTER have next sunday off, 6 days in a row might kill me XD.

Anyways yesterday... we went through 2 hours learning to use the cash register... Then I get put in the shoe department, left alone, and had to control the shoe department alone after only 2 hours of training... wtf? I love optimism in new hirees, but that's pushing it a bit too far, I had to figure out how to page for help (Thank god someone else grabbed a walkie, as I had never been taught how to check them out -.-) and I was never taught how to get stuff out of the backroom, I was taught how to search the backroom for diff shoe size/colors, but that's all -.-

Called my supervisor (You know, you'd think the shoe supervisor would be in the shoe department <.<) And she had to help twice, as I couldn't figure it out :S Then again, she couldn't figure out one of them for a really long time, which didn't make me feel so stupid.

My mom is out buying me insoles, as with my weight, standing in those shoes that long will kill me :3 Work starts in about 2 hours, fun stuff. Now, I wish they taught me what to do if I go on break/lunch without anyone else in the shoe department -.- I lucked out and she was passing by whenever my break/lunch/break happened yesterday, but still. lol